Happy birthing people day!

Are you black?

Do you deal with smug, biased assumptions from medical personnel?

I’m white and had to be treated for dehydration due to copious vomiting. Didn’t get asked once if I was using any controlled substances.

My black counterpart went to the same E R with the same symptoms, had the same delay in getting seen. When she asked when she could be seen, she was asked what sort of controlled substances she was looking to get.

And this is in Massachusetts, where smug white liberals put down conservatives in southeastern states in particular as racist. Pot meet kettle.

It’s a shame Corey Booker trivialized the maternal and infant deaths that should not be occurring with frivolous comments like mothers should be “birthing people”. It’s also curious to note that relatively few posters here are researching the issue, just dismissing the poor outcomes of black mothers and babies with flippant remarks.

Cory Bush. The Squad

Woke liberal arts majors? Do you have proof of these liberal arts degrees?

The above is a list of the most common majors in degrees issued.

Perhaps I should have said woke liberal arts professors.

No, I am dismissing her story as anecdotal nonsense. That doesn’t rule out it being an actual issue for some.

Birthing persons? You mean mothers? lol

2 Likes

Are you female? Of child bearing age?

Apparently it’s different if one is black and pregnant:

It’s interesting to note many of these stories are taking place in so called progressive states, like New Jersey.

Bias can be though.

“Across the United States, Black birthing people are at disproportionate risk of death and adverse health outcomes before, during, and after pregnancy. Black birthing people are three to four times more likely to experience pregnancy-related death than their white counterparts, and they experience higher rates of pregnancy complications, infant loss, and miscarriage across the board.”

Ah…another denier.

How is it, being part of the problem?

Sadly, racism exists in liberal cities and towns too.

3 Likes

Yes, but her specifically?

Behind every shadow. What is to be done?

Nothin wrong with being woke. That is a good thing. Being an ass about it, and applying racism, sexism, and misogyny to every grievance is also stupid, and is not helping.

Denying there are still deep issues regarding those things, is worse. IMHO.

2 Likes

Reading that causes me “ache”. Then again, I am an empathetic modern liberal.

Indoctrination, via education.

I applaud the people who are “woke” who do the hard work to drag the country into a more just and fair future.

The ones who use “woke” as a weapon to simply feel morally superior… they suck.

2 Likes

But she said she and her children were almost statistics. What happened?

How do you distinguish?

Go ahead, I’m ready.