Hangover Cure Discovered

I’ve known people who don’t get them. I think I made up for them. I used to have some terrible ones.

I’m pretty much a daily drinker, and very rarely have a hangover. I think its those that don’t drink often that are more prone to it.

I drank every weekend for years. I had bad hangovers on Sunday morning. I never drank on weekdays.

I cut myself off by 7-8:00 on weeknights. Learned my lesson, woke up still buzzed for work a couple times, wasn’t a good feeling…lol. I really didn’t start drinking until after my wife passed away in 2012.

I’m sorry to hear that your wife passed away. God Bless You.

1 Like

Yes it is quinine, unless the person was just joking.

I did notice if I had a buzz and tried to play my favorite game, chess, I’d get a headache. But that’s only because I am fighting a buzz in order to think. That’s why anytime I go on chess.com I make sure I’m sober. Or I’ll play when I first start to drink and stop after about two games.

I’ve only known one person that didn’t get them, I think you are just lucky and there are not a lot of people that don’t get hangovers.

More likely hasn’t drunk enough at one time to get one. As far as I know, nobody is immune from hangovers.

https://psychcentral.com/news/2015/09/05/nobody-is-immune-to-hangovers/91872.html

I drank so much on multiple occasions that I don’t remember getting home. I had to go out and check my car. Not proud of it, but it is what it is.

Maybe everyone has a different limit to how much they can drink before getting a hangover and mine is not achievable. But no one is telling me I get hangovers. Because I don’t, ever.

If anyone knows, you do.

They don’t know my first wife. People have written songs about her drunken escapades, and she was virtually unaffected the following mornings.

Well, I do. I’m not going to do it now because it’s Sunday, but if I drank to my hearts content and passed out as a result, I’m not waking up with a hangover. I’ll be just fine. Maybe that’s not enough to get a hangover, ok. That’s fine with me.

Other possibility is that, you get drunk easily. I know it is absolutely impossible to be immune from hangover at every bac level. If nothing else at some point you will reach the fatal hangover threshold. Odds are, you have a higher limit than normal and just haven drank that much.

By the way, I don’t think being able to drink larger amounts makes someone more masculine so no insult intended.

Really? Didn’t know that.

I’m pretty sure I have restless leg syndrome, but I haven’t been officially diagnosed.

It’s definitely age-related.

I used to be able to drink mind-boggling amounts without getting a hangover. Now, if I have more than a glass or two of scotch, I’m useless and miserable for a full 24 hours.

Comes with age as well I think. I know I can’t recover like I used to in my 20s, now its quality over quantity.

1 Like

Oh yeah, definitely gets worse with age.

Dude, no problem. I couldn’t care less. I’m just happy I don’t get hangovers. But you’re right, I don’t do well with hard alcohol. I like some of it, but I limit myself when it comes to shots.

I don’t know about that. When I was a kid (young man) I got terrible hangovers. Sometime in my mid twenties I essentially quit getting them. Of course it has been years since I really put that to a real test …