GW University students tricked into condemning Obama's quote on immigration

This is your daily reminder that identifying with any political ideology is incredibly stupid.

During an immigration address in 2014, President Barack Obama announced that America would continue to deploy a slate of aggressive immigration policies that included the deportation of violent criminals. In the address, Obama bragged that deportations of criminals during his presidency were up 80 percent.

We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous. That’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and that’s why we’re going to keep focusing on threats to our security.

This week, students at George Washington University told Campus Reform that President Obama’s 2014 remarks were “racist.” However, they were told that the quote from President Trump.

These students pretty much end up saying that Obama is a racist and a white nationalist for saying what he said in 2014 :laughing:

“I didn’t expect it to be Obama… it never occurred to me that it could be him,” another embarrassed student said.

“My understanding of Obama vs.Trump is that Obama was more liberal as far as amnesty… I expected that quote to come from Trump,” another student added.

1 Like

I thought Democrats wanted open borders?

1 Like

Democrats don’t; certainly not Democrats like Barack Obama.

Sounds good until you realize some of these criminals have been deported a dozen times.

Worthless system Obamatarde created.

This isn’t the first time students were “tricked”. It’s funny when they read them a direct quote (without telling them who said it) and ask what they think. When they “think” it’s from a republican, they go off on how bad it is.

Some are painfull to watch when they tell the kids it was a liberal democrat that the quote is from.

You realize this means nothing right?

Or should we post some videos of right wingers getting tricked?
Or maybe the h20 one I reference all the time.

People are ignorant of things. Welcome to life.

2 Likes

Lol, having that take on it

Same reason you can put ■■■■ wine in a fancy vintage bottle and people will think it’s good.

The same has been done with Reagan and Bush quotes as well.

Tehe har har they so dumb…stupid righties…derrrrrrrrrrrr

3 Likes

You must be proud.

It’s almost as if Obama had a policy that deported lots of illegal immigrants and prioritized deporting those who are dangerous criminals.

5 Likes

It’s funny that you chose to focus on that aspect of this story

Lol ya I remember that one :joy:

1 Like

The Deporter in Chief some would say.

Didn’t he cook the books?

Almost everyone values appearances before substance . It takes a certain suspension of judgement to really pay attention.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s only Obama’s fault.

Silly sort of “gotcha” questioning/interviews that both sides engage in for yuks at the opposition’s expense, but it really doesn’t reveal much.

To me it confirms that identification with an ideology makes people act stupid.

Fact matter like how disgusting all those are that pushed the Russian collusion lie!