Gun Banning Promise

The only thing we know if the manufacturer and who the first sale was to… nothing more…

To find out who is selling to the black market?

Nope. Try again.

1 Like

I could care less about the vast majority of internet blowhards guns… There is diversion to the black market occuring… It’s much larger than “stolen” firearms…

Not true, you also know who had it last, but so what? You don’t even need to know that.

What value is any of that information except who had it last?

Complete BS… Once it is sold to the first owner through an FFL, any private sales, unless they go through an FFL, are not tracked…

What do those numbers tell you?

All transfers should be registered…

You aren’t even looking at them.

Educate us… tell us what they tell you…

We don’t know who had it last?

So what?

Oh no, you posted them. And in your confirmation bias you assumed. Your comment about “not just stolen”.

Go right ahead and explain how those numbers add up and prove the need for a registry.

What is the value of knowing how many hands a gun (or hammer or knife) went through before it was used to murder?

You already know these mass murderers are buying these guns legally and passing bgc.

Glock manufactures weapon 1234 and sells it to FFL Sam… RECORDED
Bob buys Glock from Sam… RECORDED
Sam sells gun to Jeff… NOT RECORDED no background check
Jeff sells gun Robert… NOT RECORDED no background check
Robert trades gun for weed to John… NOT RECORDED no background check
John murders Sally in a robbery, firearm is recovered during arrest… Trace show Bob as last owner…

Does this help reduce firearms crime? Would you be okay with pharma narcotics being sold like this?

Let’s say I give my son an AR for his birthday. He goes out and kills a bunch of people. You have a register where I gave it to him. So what? What are you going to do about it?

Can you understand the difference between

1. flagging someone for apparently criminally insane behaviour, having both their reasons for that behaviour and your reasons for reporting them assessed professionally, and if they or you are a danger to yourselves and others, separating one or both from all weapons;

and 2) flagging someone for behaviour that make me uncomfortable, confiscating that person’s guns only, then testing them for sanity and keeping their guns if sanity is not deemed absolute, while not testing the one reporting the offense for their sanity ?

I think it’s more that they take this place as their only place.

1 Like

How does any of the in between keep Sally alive? The only thing that matters is who shot Sally. It doesn’t matter what gun he used or where he got it. It doesn’t even matter if he used a gun.

He killed her. He’s going to jail for murder, not trading a gun for weed. Because he murdered her.

In a state where weed is legal, none of that is even remotely illegal. So if you have a record of it, what are you going to do to Sam, Jeff and Robert? Harass them? Bring them in for questioning?

“Jeff, did you sell this gun to Robert?”

“Yes”

“Have a nice day.”

“Robert, did you trade this gun to John for weed?”

“Yes”

“Have a nice day”

SO WHAT?

1 Like

so lets just ban the AR

problem solved

Jeff doesn’t pass a background check sale stopped
Robert doesn’t pass a background check sale stopped
John doesn’t pass a background check sale stopped…

See how it works?

Now it’s a Glock.

1 Like