It’s Maxism with race, etc added in.

Yes

Yes

1 Like

As we can plainly see, they’re not.

3 Likes

He knows. He denies.

2 Likes

Yes! And there’s the gnosis. The special insight!

1 Like

That is because they are competing for the same market share.

4 Likes

I said he was progressive, not communist.

2 Likes

demonizing and killing jews is just so progressive, starting wars is so progressive.

a real prog that guy.

Allan

nazism is regressive.

Allan

Anything from the left is regressive, including progressivism. The left is so arrogant they can’t see they are regressive.

1 Like

The new is the old, todays Fascists hate whitey and the Jews.

I never said anything otherwise, I was making a generalized point about spectrums. Far Right is where we see Fascism, far Left is where we see Communism. Progressives are on the Left, so cannot be Fascist. You intimated Hitler was a Progressive, and that is wrong. You don’t like Hitler, and you don’t like progressives, but that doesn’t mean Hitler = Progressive.

Think circular instead of linear.

2 Likes

Repeating that lie over and over again doesn’t make it true.

They both require authority of elites with contempt of liberalism. They both need a totalitarianism to exist and thrive. Individualism does not exist in such states.

Stop using Europeans (Oxford) definition and use American left/right spectrum.

Now lets take a look at progressivism and fascism. They both wanted/wants to seek they’re own social conditions that advances they’re desired outcome.

Again no room for individualism.

Fascism is a progressive ideology by nature.

1 Like

First rule of thumb for any ideology to take over is to eliminate/silence any and all opposition. Democrat party is well on their way of achieving that goal as we all seeing and witnessing.

Thanks to Elon Musk…he had stalled their goal for time being.

3 Likes

As I said, the Right sure has a problem being on the same side as Fascism. And they don’t like Progressives. But that doesn’t mean Progressivism = Fascism. Fascism, to me and from what I have read, has some key components.

1. A Charismatic leader who is “the only one” that can save the nation from the forces of the “others”. This can be a minority group, immigrants, a political group, or some subset group like LGBT.
  2. A push for political violence to create their ideal goals. Think, the “Next Civil War” if we don’t win, or January 6th and the glorified Jan 6th “hostages”.
  3. Nationalism economically and symbolically as a force against economic and political interdependence with other nations. NATO or the UN would be a big target of a Nationalist/Fascist, for instance.

I say all of these things because it concerns me that one end of our political spectrum has veered a bit too close to this extreme, at least not to my liking. Not everyone on the Right is embracing Nationalism, nor attempting to suppress voting or vilifying immigrants or LGBT folk. But enough are. And they have found their charismatic leader who will pursue their goal of rebirth of their nation, in other words “Make America Great Again”.

What leads someone to embrace a leader who promises this? To attack the democratic institutions that made this country truly great? Have they lost faith that their sentiments and beliefs no longer have a place at the table? That violence and suppression are their only recourse? Have they so little faith in their nation that they would take the ball and go home if they can’t be guaranteed a win?

There seems to be no American more patriotic than someone from the Right, and no American less patriotic, it seems. Some of them love their country, but only if it looks the way they want it to look, and otherwise they would rather burn it down than live next to elements they find distasteful. And Trump, IMHO, is their delivery guy. The more he hurts the ones they hate, the better. And it doesn’t matter if he destroys our country because the current country is not worth saving.

That’s fascism. And that has nothing to do with the Left.

3 Likes

Nazism absolutely is progressive.

3 Likes

Define progressivism.

That is years of indoctrination speaking.

Again…you’re speaking of European views and not America. Europe never known a system of government that wasn’t controlled by central power or some forms of authoritarian rule.

American Constitutions/system was designed to avoid European centralized power.

Obama anyone?

2020? I expect soon that violence will get ratchet up over this summer.

Nationalism can mean many things.

Interesting choice of words

Then you go on and proved my point about violence and suppression…who’s the one doing that now?

Tell me again who’s the one that undermining out very Constitutions? Who’s the one that thinks it’s out dated?

This is ironic…look in the mirror.

But yet it’s precisely what you’re doing.

1 Like

Oh I can…I can. :wink:

1 Like

Lets see what the democrats are saying.
All the democrats who voted for biden and will again because the democrat leaders have told them that biden is the only one who can save the nation from evil trump and his evil supporters.
Then we have the summer of love. Political violence used to create the democrats’ ideal goals.
It is the democrats that are pushing to disarm the nation and only the government will be allowed to own arms.
Then we have the democrats in government censoring free speech.
Democrats are well on their way to burning down the country because they don’t want to have any opposition to their goals. They don’t want any voice but theirs heard and if someone does speak out against their goals those people are labeled evil and a threat to democracy.
For the first time in my long life we have had a president not just pointing at the person running against him and saying that man is evil. We have a president pointing at half the country calling them evil and a threat to democracy.
It is the democrats trying to keep other political parties off the ballot in hopes of achieving their goal of single party rule.
Thats fascism and has everything to do with the left.