Greta Thunberg is Right

Thunberg: “I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” - World Economic Forum, Davos, 24 January 2019

Right now Australia is in the midst of the most epic wildfire season they have seen. Every day brings record breaking heat with rain not forecasted for months. Australia is burning. And there is no doubt at this point that it is due to climate change.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/21/everything-burning-australian-inferno-continues-choking-access-cities-across-country?fbclid=IwAR130D6pCiwfG5MDwfQ7F5thdVyM8_uS51-3NLoURdAwpDdnYJ3VigdBE3k

At this point saying man made climate change is not happening is akin to sticking one’s head in the ground. We are in the midst of an unfolding epic ecological catastrophe on a global scale.

Is the climate change due to man or a normal cycle of which man has little to no influence?

1 Like

Regardless of it cause, we have to deal with it. “Let the Seychelles drown” isn’t going to be a pretty solution, no matter what the cause is.

Australia always had a history of major fires.

in 1851 12 million acres or so was burned. So far 9.9 acres have burned.

1 Like

Let’s assume it’s natural…

Should we try our best to prepare for the changes that are coming?

Hm… So far 15 million acres have burned.

do we also have just a few years left?

Let’s briefly entertain the idea that this is due to a “normal” climate variation.

Meteors are a normal part of Earths history as well.

Would you be just as calm about this if a meteor was heading to Earth? And would you say…Meteors have happened before…it’s no big deal?

It is mostly due to man.

1 Like

Till what? The end of all days? Or just the end of life as we know it?

I think we have already entered the end of life on planet Earth as we have known it. Ask the Australians fleeing to the coast to escape their continent being on fire.

It has recently come out that 2019 is Australia’s warmest year on record.

Yup. And on December 17th, they experienced the hottest national average temperature ever- 107.4 degrees. Thats crazy…

Why not bring Greta down to put it out? She could blow enough hot air on it to do it.

Why not just acknowledge whats happening?

Man. Hope that helps.

you think wrong.

there have been brush fires before. it is not the end of the world

1 Like

I was told that’s weather, not climate.

2 Likes

Have any polar bears drowned yet?

Global warming was supposed to be the cause of that too.

1 Like

OK…how many 20 million acre plus fires did they have before white man arrived?

How about the last warming period?

I also see there was lot of volcano activity in southern hemisphere. Now how much that effects the climate is open to debate.

On record. What was it in 1810? Or 1645? Or 1024?