GREEN NEW MEAL: Andrew Yang Says US Should Tax ‘Cow Emissions’ to Stop Americans from Eating Beef

Originally published at: GREEN NEW MEAL: Andrew Yang Says US Should Tax ‘Cow Emissions’ to Stop Americans from Eating Beef | Sean Hannity

Democratic presidential hopeful Andrew Yang proposed a new tax to alter Americans’ eating habits this week; saying the government should include the cost of “cow emissions” in beef products sold across the USA.

“Cattle is very energy expensive. If you project forward, what we need to do to reduce emissions, we would want to modify America’s diets over time. What you’d want to do, is have those cattle producers to internalize the cost of emissions,” said Yang.

“What that would naturally do, and some people will hate this, is make these products more expensive. And that would be appropriate,” he added.

.@AndrewYang says beef should include the cost of cows’ “emissions” so that it becomes so expensive people stop eating it. pic.twitter.com/ZoDtCp0fT5

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) September 19, 2019

Original Story: September 9, 2019

A European scientist speaking at a summit in Sweden last week suggested a controversial new trend to combat climate change: consuming human flesh as an alternative to animal products.

“Stockholm School of Economics professor and researcher Magnus Soderlund reportedly said he believes eating human meat, derived from dead bodies, might be able to help save the human race if only a world society were to ‘awaken the idea,’” reports the New York Post.

“At a summit for food of the future (the climate-ravaged future) called Gastro Summit, in Stockholm on Sept. 3 to 4, a professor held a PowerPoint presentation asserting that we must ‘awaken the idea’ of eating human flesh in the future, as a way of combating the effects of climate change,” adds the Epoch Times.

Scientist suggests eating human flesh to fight climate change https://t.co/LjPDblTNxJ pic.twitter.com/TNoCbVbJaL

— New York Post (@nypost) September 9, 2019

The scientist’s unusual dietary suggestion comes days after presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg likened humanity’s fight against climate change to the Second World War.

Mayor Pete was speaking during CNN’s televised town hall event when he called the fight against global warming the “hardest thing that we will have done in my lifetime.”

“We have to unify the country around this project… This is the hardest thing that we will have done in my lifetime, on par with winning World War 2, perhaps even more challenging than that,” said the Democrat.

This is the most offensive thing said at the CNN Climate town hall:
Buttigieg says fighting climate change is "more challenging than" winning World War II.
85 million people died in WWII.
500,000 Americans.
He owes every American who lost loved ones in WWII an apology. pic.twitter.com/FfSK3PzM9s

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) September 5, 2019

Failing candidate Beto O’Rourke made similar statements during the event, saying West Texas will become “uninhabitable” for human beings in the near future.

“My son Henry, who’s 8-years-old, he asked me, ‘Dad, if you win and you become President, we get to live in El Paso, right?’ I said no, we’d live in Washington, DC. But he knew that our community will become uninhabitable, will not sustain human life along this current trajectory unless something changes,” O’Rourke told the audience.