Great news for Biden and Harris

Very similar, really. Although I don’t pretend to be able to competently assess extremely complex processes in a field that’s outside my expertise. So back to the question, what’s your expertise in the vaccine development process?

Again, that’s my point. The specifics are what matters. Generalities without details - specifics - are meaningless.

The executive who implemented that program didn’t sell it to the board vague generalizations.

The head of the agency seems to know a thing or two:

Assistant Secretary Zatezalo is a native of West Virginia and has spent a lifetime working in mining. He began his career as a union miner and since then has held positions at a number of companies as shift foreman, engineering superintendent, mine manager, vice president of operations and chief executive officer. Assistant Secretary Zatezalo has worked in mining all across the U.S. and internationally in Australia.

Assistant Secretary Zatezalo has a degree in mining engineering from West Virginia University and is a registered professional engineer in Ohio and West Virginia. He also has an MBA from Ohio University. He is the past chairman of the Kentucky Coal Association and the Ohio Coal Association. He’s also been a member of the Mine Rescue Veterans of the Pittsburgh District.

So you were saying?

The development of a vaccine is not an “extremely complex process”.

It is basically a Boyd Loop. The complexity comes from interdependencies in the bureaucracy.

I could learn it in 3 days.

Your point is they are violating safety regulations because you don’t know what the specifics are?

Bless your heart. And to think we’ve been wasting money on all these medical, epidemiology, and immunology experts.

1 Like

Trump put him in there, you were saying?

Bless your heart, you’re confusing technical expertise with complexity.

And you’re confusing vaccine development by the private sector with evaluation and certification of same by government regulators. It ain’t “bureaucrats” developing vaccines.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes.

Undermining public confidence in government was a threat to the US on the pandemic scorecard.

Almost 4 years of complaining about Trump undermining confidence.

And here go libs right when we’re about to get a needle in the arm, doing the very thing to win an election.

Don’t worry, after Trump wins in November, we’ll tell him to slow down.

If the CDC and FDA says it’s safe, I’ll take it. You guys can do what you want.

2 Likes

No I’m not. Who’s regulating it?

The saying is hog. He found a lot of acorns.

You could just admit you’re wrong about MSHA knowing nothing about mining.

Really, you don’t know it’s the FDA?

That guy probably does. The rule makers probably don’t. They are probably “safety professionals”.

Authoritarian high modernism.

Regulations are designed to address liability, not keep workers safe.

Regulating the development? Yeah, among others. The criteria for the “approved process for approval” no doubt came at least in part from the FDA.

I can recommend some study materials for you.

Start with: The Safety Anarchist - Dekker

It’s pretty advanced, but you’re a smart guy.

That guy’s responsible for all regulations that go out the door. Are you suggesting he doesn’t review them?

The MSHA mission statement:

https://www.msha.gov/about/mission

Sounds like they’re trying to keep miners safe to me.

Wait…200,000 dead already, and we’re going to criticize the need for safety and efficacy.

2 Likes