Government censorship by proxy

Contracts to Google oh my!

And Amazon

And Oracle

And IBM

And Microsoft

That’s some powerful ■■■■■

1 Like

Here is the interview on Rumble. I suspect YouTube took it down now because Kennedy announced that he is running for president.

Conversation with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. | How The Powerful Captured The Public During The Pandemic

No, it is what oppressive governments do.

As for as the Gonzalo Lira arrest, it is part of broader NATO-backed campaign run out of Ukraine to silence opposing voices. The campaign includes arrests in Ukraine and assassination of civilians in Russia.

Oh great! I guess she wasn’t censored.

1 Like

Yes, YouTube censored Iversen and Kennedy.

Of course, the question is how long the government will tolerate the existence free speech on Rumble?

The government has used its Big-Tech contractors to silence opposition platforms before.

I think we’ll just have to disagree on this. Iverson’s video broke a private company’s policy and was removed from the platform.

YouTube was acting as a proxy for the government.

The same sort of system exists in Russia:

“The government controls, directly or through state-owned companies and friendly business magnates, all national television networks and many radio and print outlets, as well as most of the media advertising market.”
Russia: Freedom in the World 2023 Country Report | Freedom House

1 Like

This is nothing like that.

ALL the big tech companies have govt. contracts.

As it should be.

Google having govt. contracts is evidence of equitable distribution of govt. spending in the private sector.

Exactly the OPPOSITE of what you are claiming it is evidence of.

1 Like

The shared contracts means that the government (Pentagon and CIA) are free to play games between the vendors at any time. If Google allows too many opposing views on YouTube or into search results, it can quickly lose billions in revenue.

There is also the threat of enforcement of federal antitrust laws that have been ignored.

Google is best understood as a state-controlled media, internet search, and advertising outlet.

Because they have government contracts? This is a stretch.

1 Like

Not true.

Vivid imaginations are not facts.

More vivid imaginations.

I suppose that can be entertaining…to each their own.

Or complete and utter BS.

1 Like

The situation parallels that of Russia. The Russian constitution has protections for free speech, but the reality is that oligarchs who control the media are in bed with regime.

The Twitter files have demonstrated that censorship has been driven by direct requests from government officials. That was true even though the Twitter receives much less revenue from government contracts.

Yes it is.

3 Likes

Deny it all you like, doesn’t change it.

1 Like

Dude I hate google, but having govt. contracts doesn’t mean squat.

I’ve done work for the federal govt, you better check me out!

The contracts are the tip of the iceberg. DOD created the internet. The intelligence agencies helped to create Google in the 1990s as a tool of mass surveillance.

Google dominates the advertising market. It controls content and revenue on YouTube, which amount to 75% of the video platform market. Its decisions have a huge impact anyone who relies on the internet for revenue.

The Twitter files have shown a direct line of control between the FBI and other federal agencies and Twitter’s censorship decisions, and Twitter does not have multibillion dollar federal contracts. The same sort of thing is going on at Google.

Google views the 2016 election as a failure in control that it will never be allow to happen again.

1 Like