Good News? May Jobs Report

So good news???

Monthly jobs report is out and job growth was 339,000. Much higher than expected And the previous two months were increased by 93,000. So that’s good. Unemployment did tick up from 3.4% to 3.7% but that happens sometimes even with good job growth. The jobs market continues to roar along which is surprising a lot of economists. A very different kind of economy. Wage growth is at 4.3% Still not matching inflation but getting much closer. So that’s good. The link below will give the specific information:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

So far, 2023 has been much kinder to my portfolio than 2022

it’s like watching msnbc

339,000 new jobs it roaring. Especially when unemployment is already under 4%.

3 Likes

Remember cons will only believe the job numbers if they are bad for dems just like polls.

3 Likes

Lagging indicator!

1 Like

Because obviously any smidgeon of positive news when a Democrat is in the WH has to be liberal propaganda ?

yes. thankfully youre finally learning. i was having my doubts

“pure correlation”

1 Like

K. What if we say that this bit of good news is entirely due to change of ownership in House of Representatives ?

Still not possible ?

it’s not “good news” it’s spin and will probably be quietly revised in the coming days, weeks. deficit spending continues and debt is literally astronomical and rising fast. notice your “bit of good news” does not say anything about inflation (the op’er was surgically careful to avoid that in the “roaring” message). never any mention of trade deficits, or CPI.

Republicans are almost equally worse than worthless. surprise!

the status quo you soak in continues while you think a “bit of good news” is solid progress

get wise

1 Like

Perhaps you should read it again then… :smirk:

It’s funny, because I did specifically mention inflation in the OP. And I love the fallback of “Well it’ll get revised later on when no one is paying attention.” I read these reports every month. And there are monthly revisions. For example, today’s report had revisions to the previous two months that added 93,000 jobs. Huh.

what was stated inf rate from op?

oh and :wink:

it sure is.

surgically yes. but no rate. good job msnbc!

Welp:

1 Like

that is not the inflation rate

you afraid to see it, or is it so low it doesnt matter?

Oh this is going to turn into one of those petty “I will not admit I was wrong” back and forths isn’t it?

1 Like

did you state the rate?