Good news for the Libs! The U.S. leads the world in carbon reduction

Ooooooops…there it is. :sunglasses: :clap:

1 Like

Disingenuous. In absolute numbers we had the highest reduction. In percentage of decrease many countries surpassed us.

Under Trump and regulation cutting? NO WAY!

Evil Corporations? Of their own free will?

yeah i did the list is meaningless

So, you ask what companies decided to abide by the accord. I gave you a large list in response, of companies abiding by the accord, some of which are the largest companieson Earth. Now, it’s “meaningless”.

:man_facepalming:

no. it was meaningless before you sent it

it might fool you but it doesnt me. theres no reliable documentation or proof any of those companies are doing crap

you can put your face back in your hands now

I’d send some documentation and proof, but since you don’t like links I’m not sure how

haha… yeah sure you would

“some” btw. not for all of them? just take their word for it huh?

Who do you think is lying?

The accord didn’t meant squat anyway as long as China and India were exempt to pollute at will.

It seemed to be just a scheme to transfer money from us to other countries.

The other countries totally supported that of course.

You can make statistics demonstrate whatever you want.

I’m sure you’ve seen that 10 rivers dump over 90% of all plastic pollution into the oceans. (Yes, I know this thread is about carbon, not plastic, but the similar magnitudes on other pollutants hold for this as well.)

They could cut their polluting 50% and still be the world leaders in pollution. Meanwhile, we’re down to counting plastic straws and shopping bags.

The way I see it, the point of this thread is that the USA didn’t need any Paris Accord to do our part – and to continue to do our part. On all fronts.

I’ll say this: We could help Asia reduce their pollution by reducing our consumption of their products. In another thread I noted that our dependence on certain Asian imports has been shown to be a national security risk with the current virus crisis. We would do ourselves (and the global ecosystem) a big favor by encouraging more domestic manufacturing – multiple favors, economically, ecologically, security-wise, among others. Sidling up to hypocritical nations and letting them dictate our policies is not the answer to anything.

Hammer…meet nail…BAM!

Manufacturing departed so they could pollute at no charge…reducing their costs and making more profit…but reasons always given was employment was less.

No we weren’t.

where did i say anyone was “lying?”

So its ok to take their word?

that’s a question to you

not an accusation of lying

my goodness!! lol

Why wouldn’t I take their word? Its clear from the OP they are reducing emissions.

then please show where the OP confirms all those companies in that list you linked are conforming to the beloved revered Paris Accords

if you can, then i will concede you are correct

i ll check back and remind you if need be