Good News? Crime down in 2023

That is another conversation…do you have those numbers as well? And again, % of sales/loss not just the raw numbers.

ORC, which is one of many types of retail theft, is another area where retailers are seeing higher levels of violence. Last year, 81% of respondents reported that ORC offenders had grown more violent. Compounding that this year, more than two-thirds (67% said they were seeing even more violence and aggression from ORC perpetrators compared with a year ago.

1 Like

So keep BSing me…it’s all you have.

1 Like

The level of shrink has held fairly steady for the last several years, since at least 2015. To calculate the financial impact of shrink, the group uses revised estimates for total retail sales from the U.S. Department of Commerce.

This is from retaildive .com check it out, maybe they are wrong…but they go into great detail.

I do not need to BS anyone…

NRF is a lobbying firm…

The problem begins there. Shrink encompasses inventory losses caused by all kinds of reasons, including theft, operational or process mistakes, and systemic errors. Retail’s shrink rate rose to 1.6% of sales in 2022 from 1.4% in 2021, according to the NRF’s annual retail security survey.

This is from retail dive.

Keep playing…I’m done. My point been made.

And for the record…I know the second I seen New York Times they were gaslighting. It what they do now…knowing there minions will run with it, defend it. even after they been fact checked.

Why do you keep referencing the Times? I never did, nor is that where I got the info.

So, you do now understand that shrinkage is not just theft…so how can you confidently say retail theft has gone up? Shrink went up 12% form 2121-2022…which is not just retail theft.

There is absolutely zero evidence that reporting went down
It’s feelings because big cities must be violent. The left must be violent. The society must be failing

2 Likes

The article is neither about 2021 or 2022 but about 2023

At this point this whole is akin to the employment rate debate and unskewing of polls.

They just must be wrong. They must be!

What are you talking about…all the stats aren’t in for 2023. Either way projection is showing increase.

In raw dollars, or % of sales?

For whic stats. You guys are making generalized statements about crime being up in the face of stats to the contrary

It’s the reporting it’s the lack of reporting.

You guys keep forgetting about the 30 year crime rate collapse and also forgetting that covid and the shut down along with leftist prosecutors and post modernist nonsense caused the crime rate to spike. Now it’s winding down.

Murders down? Good news.

I almost said I wish I could read the article (paywall) but it’s the NYT, so no, I really don’t want to read it. I don’t trust that rag to wipe my butt with.

But if the NYT isn’t lying, it’s great news that murders are down.

That’s NOT grounds to say that CRIME is down. (See thread title.) Murders are just a small part of overall crime. No doubt they are some of the most serious of crimes, but in raw numbers they are a small part of total crimes.

Nonetheless, fewer murders is certainly welcome news.

1 Like

I guess we can stop clamoring for more gun control now.

Isn’t that what new york times doing…when all evidences shows they don’t have the data? If you’re not going to pay attention to this thread please don’t waste my time. I’m not going to repeat myself.

Switch.

So meanwhile in California: “Why is shoplifting so rampant? Because state law holds that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor, which means that law enforcement probably won’t bother to investigate, and if they do, prosecutors will let it go.”

Golly, I wonder if the fact that police don’t even bother to show up for these “non-crimes” contributes to the decrease in crime Libs are crowing about? And how come big Retailers and pharmacies are shutting down locations in major cities and citing an increase in shop lifting and local governments refusing to do anything about it as the reason? How about when Lib prosecutors arrest victims for defending themselves while allowing violent criminals roam free or let them out immediately without posting bail if they ARE actually arrested? Not to mention the millions of criminals Biden is luring into America with promises of freebies.

Sure Libs… We know you’re so gullible and out of touch with reality that you immediately swallow and proclaim as the gospel truth whatever lies your overlords feed you. But the problem you have is that people who aren’t essentially brain dead are waking up and realizing the destructive agenda that the Biden administration is deliberately carrying out upon the American people are now in the majority.

By all means stay under your rocks and keep up with this nonsense until next November and wonder why Biden continues to drop in the polls…

Better hope your leaders have some really good cheating plans as a backup. Maybe they will just simply remove Trump from their ballots or something…Nah, even they wouldn’t resort to such blatant scumbaggery.

1 Like

gaslight 002

1 Like

Come on man!

What should it be lowered to in order to reduce shoplifting?

I don’t think shoplifters care one way or another. If you want to steal, you will steal.

I don’t want to steal so they could raise the threshold to $3000 and it wouldn’t make me suddenly start stealing.

I welcome your data to the contrary. But I know you don’t have it. Just feefees.

He’s right.