Globalism versus nationalism 2020

UN is really just a =figment of our imagination.

you sound like a trump commercial.

and what is a vote for biden?

Ben Natuf,

nationalism and liberty as equals

Globalism and statism as equals.

you and i agree except for the labels

Thank you! :us:

I get it, just saying there are many single issue voters out there on both sides whether it’s the 2nd amendment, taxes, abortion, gay rights, race issues etc… people vote for the candidate regardless if they like them or not if they feel they will have a better chance of protecting what they hold dear.

And then they are the people who will vote every time R or D regardless of the candidate and regardless in Trump’s case of the access Hollywood tapes or in Biden’s case a sexual assault accuser and the odd kid sniffing videos. Face it there is no Barack Obama running on the democratic side or let’s say a Nikki Haley running on the republican side. It’s the vote on two slimy characters who both have been caught plagiarizing and both have closets loaded full of skeletons. Then there is is the question of the biggest narcissist on the planet “Trump” and Biden who has something clearly degrading upstairs, and as an American if Biden get’s elected I sure hope it clears up because he half the time doesn’t know were he is at, and Trump half of the time is insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

The middle has been dropping out for quiet sometime, yet most identify as independents I would say if one could look at the majority of them they vote D or R the majority of the time. I for instance have only voted democrat at the national level one time, and that was in 2008 for Barack Obama, because I swear I really thought after Russia’s invasion of Georgia under Bush jr that same year, that if McCain R.I.P. won there was a decent chance he would get us in a war with Russia.

I did cross back over and voted for Romney in 2012. In 2016 I voted Gary Johnson, this year not sure. I will more than likely vote third party again as I live in a deep blue state that has no chance of ever being red. At the local level I will vote republican, there is always some chance there.

So if it’s and issue of war, and one is the clearly the peace candidate vs a repeated War Hawk, I have in the past crossed party lines and voted for the candidate preaching non intervention. Something about mutually assured destruction is a game changer.

Both parties have been the parties of war since 1947. The fight against communism and the cold war for a real or imagined enemy to fuel the permanent wartime economy.

Trump returned to a nationalist foreign policy where the internationalists have supported Chinese growth at Americas expense. Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama Iraq and Afghanistan. Then comes Trump to stop nation building.

I do not care what Trump says, I care about what he does because both sides lie every day.

I do agree with I care less of what he says and more of what he does, thought like many I wish he would turn down the narcissism level. It is refreshing to see no new wars for a change, that could soon vanish when neocon Biden takes over which it looks like he is going to.