Global warming is real

Who said anything about advancements? I’m talking about where farms were located and what crops were planted.

First off, I never had a position about farming, my statement was about modern civilization. You don’t seem to want to acknowledge that it was you and you alone who claimed that modern farming is based on the current climate. But the fact is, climate had nothing to do with the development of modern farming in the late 1800s. It was still just as cold in the US then as it was during the little ice age. in fact, the coldest annual temperature in the US following the acknowledged end of the little ice age in mid 19th century was in 1911. The temperature rise in North America began then, not in 1860.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my statement regarding the advent of modern civilization. Give it up for God sake.

Cool. So we agree farming, as one facet of our current civilization, is based on our current climate.

Now that we have agreement on that, what other facet of civilization would you like to discuss?

There is nothing about it to agree on. Farming has virtually nothing to do with my statement regarding the time in which the late modern civilization era began, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with global climate change, so no, there is nothing more to discuss on the matter.

Hmm. So you can’t agree farming was based on our climate after the LIA? You don’t think farming is a component of civilization? You don’t think global warming has anything to do with farming?

Ok.

One more time … farming after the end of the LIA has nothing to do with the advent of modern civilization hundreds of years earlier. And it certainly has nothing to do with the climate today. The US was still colder than normal due to the effects of the LIA up until the second decade of the 20th century.

So you finally agree that our current farming is based on a climate after the LIA. Cool

Advent of civ doesn’t matter so much as components. The farming component of civilization in the US was based on climate after the LIA, and likely much of it after the second decade of the 20th century.

Quit trying to tell me what I agree with.

1 Like

Ok. Is our farm system in America is based on climate during or after the LIA?

Where does " true, but," mean? Discount anything before “but.”

Samm, I think the brother has a projection problem.

You did good, Bro. He should not tell you anything. :wave::wave::wave:

That happens a whole lot.

In other news, the glaciers are still doing fine and so are we.

Obama’s stunt at Glacier National has now come full circle.

2 Likes

Wow! That signage was embarrassing, So I looked into it and the model was wrong.

Overall, the glacier is retreating though,

It’s been growing now for several years.

That’s awesome! How about over the last one hundred years?

Do you have a link for your evidence?

Do you have a link to prove your point or is that not a point? :kissing:

Yes, I’m patiently waiting for Wildrose to support his claim that the glaciers in Glacier National are growing. He has yet to provide that evidence. That is what started this latest exchange.

Of it is not one thing it’s another. How is life in Houston? I bet no glaciers there, that is for sure. It will be triple digits soon.