Global warming is real

The source of the data isn’t listed but I think we both know this is based on proxy sources.

Why do you get to use that type of data but I don’t get to?

That seems pretty hypocritical. I’d love to hear your explanation on that one.

(Don’t forget that your claim was about the last three interglacials which were within the last 400,000 years, meanwhile the scale on your graph is on the scale of hundreds of millions of years, so the last three interglacial periods would be a tiny sliver on the right of the graph, so your source is really terrible at demonstrating what your claimed, so be careful when you pick your sources please).

Your request was nonsensical, as if it was somehow necessary to know in order for my assertion (backed by data) was true.

Really, it made no sense.

Lacking weather station data going back 500+ years is not really an issue. There does exist a meaningful directly observed temperature record covering several decades and a good geospatial spread. This is sufficient to address climate change. No one dispute it has been warmer at points in the past. The matter at issue is the nature and cause of the currently observed warming which human activity is implicated as the culprit.

Once again, you can’t admit the data I asked for doesn’t exist. Till you do we’re not going anywhere and it’s a waste of time to further engage you.

No, I can’t provide the data. I don’t know if it exists or not. It’s also totally irrelevant.

Are you going to back up your assertion or not?

Since there were no thermometers for more than 99% of the locations and periods to record the temps you know it doesn’t exist so just admit it and we can move on.

Once again.

Quit deflecting.

I did not such thing. I quoted directly from a statement you made earlier today.

And now you’re pretending you never said it?

This is sad.

That’s you. Those are your words.

Are you going to back them up?

Once again.

Quit deflecting.

Deflecting from what? The fact that you’re now claiming you didn’t say something that’s there for everyone to see? Or deflecting from the fact that you criticize me for using proxy temperature records when you’re clearly doing the same thing?

This is as sad as I expected from you.

If this is all you have tonight we’re done.

Once again.

Quit deflecting.

I already replied to this. I have nothing further to say. You may reject proxy records but I don’t have to. The idea that a thermometer is the only means to gauge temperature is idiotic.

https://community.hannity.com/t/global-warming-is-real/8442/3074?u=dantes

After this comment, you bizarrely claimed I misattributed your own quote.

You trying to accuse me of deflecting from the topic is, ironically enough, actually you deflecting from the fact that you’re being blatantly hypocritical.

This went about as well as can be expected. You never seem to hold yourself to the standards you demand of others.

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

I get it. You don’t think proxy temperature records are useful.

Quit attributing things to me I never said.

Once again.

Quit deflecting.

WildRose:

Since there were no thermometers for more than 99% of the locations and periods to record the temps you know it doesn’t exist so just admit it and we can move on.

Pointing out that we have to join your group to see your information is not a nit pick, it’s a fact. You may as well have just told us about it instead of posting the link. It carries the same weight.

If you had read the words that I posted instead of replacing them with your own words, you probably wouldn’t be so confused.

No deflection just fact.

Pure deflection, he won’t even address it.

I never saw anyone argue so hard against the thought that they were trying to be helpful.

If you can’t even show within the margin they are attributing to man’s contribution the theory is unsupportable.

Without accurate measurements of temp’s over the whole time the theory is unsupportable.

If you can’t show that we’ve exceeded the norms of the cycles prior to industrialization, the theory is unsupportable.

The climate has been changing since the planet first cooled and we’ve been going through periodic glacial and warming periods on a fairly regular schedule for 2 million years prior to industrialization.