Global warming is real

Yeah. It’s never your fault. It’s always someone else’s. If these things keep happening, it might make you think about your writing style.

I’m not urging anyone to do anything.

Then why did you post a link that requires membership in an organization to be able to read it? What do you call that if not urging?

Fault? That explains much of what you post.

Because that’s where the data is. I don’t care if you join or not.

Then don’t offer to help and then refuse.

I didn’t offer help, I asked you it that was the link you were looking for.

Yet you complained to WTR that he did not avail himself your information even though to do so, he would have to join your group. But I agree, it is clear that you do not care. If you did, you would make the information available to anyone whether they choose to join or not.

It’s not my information to make available. I don’t own the information.

The other poster claimed the information did not exist. It does. Just because it’s behind a paywall doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

What’s your point here? Is this just another pointless nit pick?

Excuse me. I thought you were trying to be helpful. Silly me, I should have known better.

“Reconstruction” from proxies, not actual temperature data.

Marcott et al. (p. 1198) constructed a record of global mean surface temperature for more than the last 11,000 years, using a variety of land- and marine-based proxy data from all around the world. The pattern of temperatures shows a rise as the world emerged from the last deglaciation, warm conditions until the middle of the Holocene, and a cooling trend over the next 5000 years that culminated around 200 years ago in the Little Ice Age. Temperatures have risen steadily since then, leaving us now with a global temperature higher than those during 90% of the entire Holocene.

Save us all the dodging and deflecting and simply admit that the data doesn’t exist.

You asked to data. I provided it. Stop your belly aching just because you don’t like the methods they used.

You asked, I provided, then you moved the goal posts.

If you’re done criticizing me despite the fact that I provided data, can you back this claim up?

And once again, no the data doesn’t exist, you can’t produce it from any source and we all know it.

Reliable thermometers have only existed since the mid 1600’s and were not even widely distributed in Europe’s largest cities until the early 1,700’s and from there they slowly made their way to the colonies.

There are no accurate recorded temp’s from 90% of the earth’s surface prior to WWII and no global satellite temp’s prior to 1979.

How ocean temps have been recorded from ships has changed dramatically over the last forty years as well whereby instead of taking the temperatures at the surface they scoop water up on deck in buckets and “adjust” the temperatures as they see fit.

There is no global temperature record to examine prior to 400 years ago, and very little until just 80 years ago.

The first time temp’s were taken at the poles were 1909 and 1910 NP/SP respectively and only since the WWII era have there been regular temps taken at them.

The margin of error for proxy data is wider than the claimed changes in temperatures being “reported” by the “climate scientists” over the last hundred years much less the last 500, 1000, 10,000, 1,000,000 or longer periods of time and are highly subjective at best and very easily manipulated into a complete fraud.

You never produced the data, you can’t, it doesn’t exist.

If that’s true, why do you claim we aren’t anywhere near the highs of the last few interglaicals?

I provided the data. Can you?

Look quit making claims that are so obviously false. The data doesn’t exist and we both know it.

There are no recorded highs and lows piror to the 1650’s in any of those locations and none for most of them prior to the last hundred years.

Margin of error.

It’s obvious we’ve been much warmer in the past.

Exactly how much warmer is unknowable.

No you haven’t and you can’t.

I gave you a list of locations and asked for the recorded highs and lows on the same date at 100, 500, 1,000, 10,000, and 1,000,000 years ago.

No such data exists for over 80% of those locations prior to 1940, and for none of them more than 350 years ago.

You know it, I know it, we all know it so just admit it and move on.