Giving poor citizens money

As Democrats flood our country with unskilled and uneducated illegals from Latin America, I guess they will have to distribute money to the poor, as there will be little leverage and fewer opportunities for them to earn decent wages.

1 Like

lol aaaaand weā€™re off!

Like Foxcon.

Corporate welfare good

People welfare bad.

Allan

Giving money is better than giving nothing, but I prefer larger welfare or subsidy programs over both options.

The government has enough spending power to bargin with big actors in the market. The same amount of money divided among individuals just leaves them all negotiating at a disadvantage.

So in other words, the more babies they have the more money they get. Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Just shows the level of stupidity of some of our lawmakers. :crazy_face:

Beats abortions,

Allan

I wasnā€™t suggesting welfare makes people lazy, I think they were lazy to begin with. Born lazy. Iā€™ve grown up with some. Everyone knows the type. They didnā€™t need any encouragement.

Everyone has a standard of living theyā€™re willing to accept. Some that continue to work hard may not be content. Some are content at a low standard if it means they donā€™t have to work. Programs donā€™t change peopleā€™s internal motivation.

If someone came to me and said, Iā€™ll pay you what youā€™re currently making, you can either continue to work or not. Iā€™m quite content right now, Iā€™d probably retire. Someone else may see it as an opportunity to make double. In both cases itā€™s the person that made that decision, not the program.

1 Like

And I am the opposite. I will be working until I die.

Allan

You suggested most would be getting their firstā€™ job. Thatā€™s just ridiculous, the vast majority of recipients are hard working people.

You misinterpreted what I said. I didnā€™t mean a first job ever.

I didnā€™t misinterpret anything. Maybe you should read what you wrote again. If you worded it poorly, well, thatā€™s what happens.

I meant a job in general. I only said first because I said second.

I didnā€™t think you meant first job ever lol.

The money isnā€™t ā€œdrained from the economyā€. This is your (not so) hidden and unproven assumption.

Itā€™s cycled back in.

And if itā€™s an effective way of stimulating incomes for people and improving their economic outlook, then itā€™s a better economic stimulus than tax cuts.

1 Like

Are these foreseen or unforeseen consequences? :thinking:

1 Like

There are negative consequences to every policy or program.

Short term stimulus; long term drain. Kicking the can down the road only works until you get to the end of the road.

Yet the policies and programs continue even after the negative consequences are found to be more damaging than that which they were intended to fix. Thatā€™s Government for you. Its like the ratchet on the dungeon rack.

incompetent and lazy people need help. Of course we should give em money. Unfortunately no one- or very few - do. Instead they give em other peopleā€™s money.