Giuliania: Whether or not Trump committed obstruction of justice is a matter of interpretation

Who is paying Giuliani anyway?

Do you mean, who’s paying him or, who’s supposed to be paying him but not? Cause both answers could be Donald.

Is Donald paying him? Is he supposed to? Is the RNC? Is Rudy just living off the money from Turkey? From the MEK? No one seems to know.

More like the Aryan Brotherhood than the kkk but sure.

I think it’s a little more complicated than this, though he’s definitely playing the support game. But public support doesn’t mean everything if the evidence turns against you. Granted, in that case public support might go against him as well, but as we’ve seen so far that hasn’t always been true.

But what it comes down to is that I think Rudi’s just blathering. And Trump loves the reality show spectacle. It’s all a circus act. In the end, Rudi’s warblings won’t have any effect on Mueller or Congress, at least the politicians with any brains.

No…I disagree…you dont get his poll numbers down nothing is going to happen in congress

2 Likes

Maybe I’m being a little more trusting than I should. We’ll see.

Then you’ve learned nothing over the past 15 years :slight_smile:

Dont give them an inch

Oh, believe me I’m not. He’s been manipulating the media since the first day he entered the race. No reason to stop now.

yep.

Trump and team (and I think republicans in congress are complicit in this as well) are attempting to, for lack of a better description, try this investigation on Fox News (or in the media in general).

if they can attack enough other people they can sow discontent and if bad stuff is found a lot of people will have built up a lot of sympathy for the lawbreakers and congress won’t (potentially) be pressured to punish the lawbreaker.

sleazy lawyers do this for their high profile clients all the time. attack the cops/detectives/judges to get their clients off.

they picked a lying, cheating adulterer to go to the mat for. told ya.

2 Likes

His numbers probably won’t go below 30%. Folks are very heavily emotionally invested in him.

That’s expected…but you need below 50% for Congress to budge

NO he didn’t, its just interpreted that way by idiot libs.

Maybe, maybe not. Nixon’s lowest was 24%. I could see Trump possibly going that low if the news got bad enough. And it just might.

Any President who has a 24% approval rating is at risk of being impeached. Trump will not dip that low unless an unarguable felony, such as tax evasion or a provable quid pro quo with Russians is found…in which case he should be gone.

Mmmm… maybe…Bush got to 25% I believe might have been 28%…its possible but they weren’t full fledged into their trolling our government yet.

He didn’t say what he said?

if you try to cover for Trump it earns you some time.

And Cheney’s went even lower. But I’m not seeing it for Trump. Trump has tickled the resentment bone for a lot of people. They’re all in. Because he’s punching the people in the face. Turns out a huge minority of Americans are really into that. I wouldn’t have thunk it, but it’s true.

He was right when he said his supporters wouldn’t change their vote if he shot someone on 5th Avenue. This is his game. He has known for years as a con man that every con does not have to work and that every target does not have to turn out to be a sucker for him to do OK. And he knows, based on people like Cohen, that there’s a reasonable percentage of people that, if you manipulate them in the right way, they will NEVER TURN ON YOU NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU SCREW THEM OVER.

It’s his thing. He does it well.

Don’t discount Giuliani as a doddering fool.

The object here is to blur reality so that it then can be reshaped the way Trump wants it to be reshaped.

3 Likes