Geopolitical Realities

When was the last time the USA actually won a war?

That one time last century against a conventional military, right? :thinking:

One of those sure would go a long way for national morale.

3 Likes

When things are at their worst, man is at his best and when things are at their best, man is at his worst. The good but sad truth for our society is, it’s been good since that “one time last century”. “We” have sunk all through that time.

I don’t agree with that order

USA
China
EU
Russia

It’s more like this imho.

China
USA
EU - EU is not a country they are not united. Hungary and France might as well be China and Japan
Japan
India
Brazil
Canada
Russia - Russia is a dying gas station in Siberia begging for attention, the west is retardedly giving it to them

China is number 1 they own major western manufacturing centers of fortune 500 companies both in Europe and North America. If anyone doubts their power when covid hit 3M and American company stationed in the CCP was bringing masks back to America and China made them turn the ship around around and bring it back to the CCP.

Everyone pushing this Putin narative needs to put they ire were it’s needed

Winnie the Communist Pooh

Winnie the communist Pooh can hurt the West. Putin can’t unless they use nukes.

Well, when there are 4 or more, you could say that.

I still think a chinese war is inevitable, not soon, maybe as you say a decade or two. But the time to position ourselves (or begin to) is now.

I also think Russia can be bought into the west. It won’t be easy, it won’t be quick, and it won’t be in total. Mongolia and the other eastern republics will go to China. Khazakstan is a toss up but I think more pro western. Russia itself has a deeply ingraned inferiority complex that drives it to want to be a European power.

We’ve won others, but lost the peace. Iraq is a perfect example of that. We won, but we left before the job was done politically.

I think one of the keys to this is after Russia is pushed out of Ukraine and some sort of peace is achieved, its key that we don’t harshly penalize the Russians as a whole. This was the mistake of WW I. The Marshall plan was key to our post-WWII success.

I guess I’ll have to take your word for that one. All I did in Iraq was get a lot of practice in rebuilding someone else’s nation instead of my own. Well, there was that one IED… and that time with the katyusha rockets. lol

2 Likes

I wasn’t putting them in any particular order.

yes, and I’ve said that before. offer to help them hold the federation together. That would be a big plus for them and us.

The worst scenario is the balkanization of Russia into smaller states. That would make nuclear containment way more challenging as each smaller state would present security dangers.

Its going to take a Russian leader of a different stripe. I haven’t seen one of them. won’t be easy

Honestly the best scenario in my opinion is simply another hardliner who learned his lesson from getting spanked in Ukraine and will work slowly and quietly to normalize relations after the war. I do not see any western leaning leader coming out of Russia that would open the door to a complete transformation of Russian culture.

I wasn’t expecting instant gratification.

A Marshall plan for Russia?!

You didn’t mean that, did you?

Navalny. Tragically, Putin will probably kill him first.

Navalny is a bridge to a better leader. certainly better than Putin’s regime, but still sees the world through that soviet lens. He recently said Crimea was a part of Russia, then said that it could be decided by a referendum. Crimea is Ukraine. Its future cannot be dictated by Russia or any sham of a referendum. If Ukraine wants to cede it, or free it, thats up to them. Personally, I would support a deal making it a self autonimous republic with no military and no bidge to Russia which Ukraine would be responsible for defending.

By what metric.

GDP, Military might, influence. We restrain the last two.

:rofl: Sorry, look at the scoreboard.

GDP is a useless metric.