General Flynn Is Not The One Who Should Be Sentenced

I used to trust our justice system, but now, I’ll admit, it is easier to think that everything was a setup or a trap, and I don’t think that having my head smashed in with a snow shovel has anything to do with it.

4 Likes

The Trump DOJ hasn’t brought charges against her.

The Trump DOJ has indicted many of trumps people.

Who is telling you what?

1 Like

All charges dropped.

Yer funny.

He’s getting off light today because he ratted. Be happy.

Careful! You are falling for the “Perjury Trap”!

Here’s a question: Cohen flipped, and both Trump and his various defenders and supporters torch him constantly. In contrast, Flynn flipped and we get this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1074993036831191045

And I don’t think it has anything to do with Flynn’s military service.

So . . . why? :slight_smile:

shifts uncomfortably on beanbag

Well, um, Flynn is a military hero, and Cohen is a lawyer?

Maybe? But I don’t think Trump really cares about that kind of thing. It seems like an odd disparity.

My real answer is, Trump doesn’t know what Flynn has said, and today’s tweet is his last-ditch effort to say, “Hey buddy, you’re still on the team if you don’t rat me out.”

This answer implies–to which my Magic Eight Ball replies, “It is decidedly so”–that Flynn knows far more about Russian collusion than Cohen did.

Based on how often he has repeated “No Collusion,” a phrase which he oddly hasn’t tried to trademark, Trump cares more about appearing to be a traitor than any other crimes he may have committed.

So in short, Trump is in the dark, he’s ■■■■■■■■ bricks, and he’s desperately trying to obstruct justice via tweet.

Once Flynn’s admissions become public record, we can expect Trump to sing one of two tunes: Flynn as tricked hero, or Flynn as lying traitor.

1 Like

It is weird–especially as his supporters have followed suit, almost completely. I wonder whether part of it is that Cohen is a direct threat to Trump’s money/financial interests, while (in Trump’s view) Flynn is implicated/involved in a bunch of vague “foreign policy” stuff that Trump doesn’t understand.

2 Likes

Ah, the Trump-is-too-dumb-to-know-how-screwed-he-is angle. I should’ve thought of that.

So later today, Trump’s attorneys are going to be explaining a lot to him, perhaps, and Trump is going to realize how furious he should have been?

I guess we’ll have to wait until the primetime tweeting hour of 4 A.M.

I honestly don’t think he understands what his lawyers tell him. Remember last week when he claimed after the sentencing memo’s that they cleared him?

2 Likes

I’m a little envious that I am not that stupid.

. . . Is that stupid to say? Am I on the right track?

Am I getting closer to where I want to be?

2 Likes

Whoomp whomp.

A-whomp! to the ■■■■■■■ WHOMP!

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s been told. He just doesn’t accept it.

Unlike Cohen, Flynn hasn’t yet said anything, that’s known publicly, that implicates or accuses Trump of lying or criminality.

Defending Flynn now keeps Mueller painted as the corrupt bad guy.

Trump will change his tune in a heartbeat when Flynn’s ratting is revealed.

My guess? Flynn told Trump he wouldn’t rat even though with the new stuff that’s come out about old Mike the fact that he only pled to a cough cough process crime says that he definitely did rat.

They may find themselves in trouble just because Mueller knows that will present a problem in going after Manafort and Flynn and leaving them alone.

Does anyone seriously think they would have gone after Podesta if they didn’t have others they were more interested in getting?