GDP under 3% for 2018

The tax cuts affected 2018. That’s the reason they were pushed so quickly in 2017.

Last year was the year!

Yep. We were all told “just wait and see the result of the tax cuts in 2018.”

Well, here they are-we jacked up the deficit, are continuing to blow up the debt. But the rich keep getting richer while the fiefs continue to thank our masters for the table scraps!

You do get that nobody, and I mean nobody, who understands economics expects there to be a pickup in growth in the next two years right?

I am confident we will only hear more excuses from you and your ilk.

I’m not making excuses.

I’m stating the simple fact that a President’s success or failure is normally assessed at the end of their Presidency, not at the beginning. But then again Trump haters just can’t help themselves.

I’m confident we will only hear more Trump bashing from you and your ilk. :+1:

That simply isn’t true. LIB economists are painting a bleak picture while conservative economists are painting a rosy picture. To conclude that LIB economists speak for everyone is absurd.

It would be interesting to see how the tax increases that came from tariffs factor into the GDP numbers. I haven’t seen numbers on that myself, but higher consumer costs from those taxes likely can’t be a good thing.

Peek, did you ever bash Obama’s economy mid term?

Ok. I don’t recall that restraint when discussing Obama in 2010.

And I am not a Trump basher. I have given him credit where credit is deserved. Specifically on the economy I have continually praised the unemployment numbers and the economy in general.

1 Like

You might not get a response.

Who are these conservative economists predicting stronger growth than 2018 in 2019 and 2020? I want to know who they are and check their bonafides.

3 Likes

Trump is being treated better than he treated Obama.

It’s not the beginning of his presidency. It’s more than half over.

*First term

Then one should say that Obama was a great economic success by the end of his term.

Supply siders.

Voodoo economists.

Who?
10 Characters

In comparison to previous Presidents, not so much.

At the end of Trump’s Presidency we can compare him against his predecessors.

Sean, Rush, et al. Not actual economists.

That metrics do you want to use? Rate of growth from start of the Presidency to the end? Unemployment rate? GDP? The stock market?

What metrics? … you choose.