GDP Growth For First Quarter 2.3%

I want the economy to do well. I don’t recall you cheering the good Obama economy during his last few years. We’re you wanting the economy to crash to regain power?

Was I no.

But I do remember libs were in glee when economy tanks under Bush.

So your evaluation of trump’s economics is based on hope not reality?

thats so 2008 to 2016

No one can predict the future…not even you.

Every post has to have “libs” in it. Lol

Not bad considering the global cooling… so, chilly last winter.

I predict there will be no 4% growth quarters before 2020.

1 Like

That has zero relevance. Try again.

No, the first quarter is usually the slowest because of winter, and this one was really bad. 5 major storms. Let’s see how the summer does. The summer of NK peace…lol

Looks like the dems at 7 pm election night…lol!

Nice yahoo article on the GDP last quarter.

“During the last 12 months, the picture is clearer—and more encouraging. President Trump has promised to boost annual GDP growth to 3% or more, and he’s nearly there. The economy has grown at a 2.9% annualized rate during the last four quarters, including the weak first-quarter number that just came out. If there’s a snapback in growth this spring or summer, annualized GDP growth will exceed 3%.”

[Growth during the last 12 months is just shy of Trump's 3% goal]

Did you give Obama praise when he reached a couple four-quarter stretches over 3% annualized?

Housing prices are again becoming ridiculous. IMO, we are already in a new bubble.

Slightly off topic, but I was talking the other day to a women who owns a mergers and acquisition firm, and is also an economist, plus teaches a course at Harvard Business School. She told me everyone in the business (including her) have pulled out of the market and are in all cash because in the next 18-24 months there will be a huge crash (bigger than 2008.) It has to do with the huge gap between the S&P and what’s been bought on margin. Gap is many times bigger than it was in 1929, 2001 and 2008 crashes. She drew me a graph and it’s very scary. Corporate debt is massive (bigger than personal debt and student loan debt!) because they’ve been borrowing gobs of cheap money, due to the low interest rates, to buy back their stock. The rise in interest rates that is coming is going to be very very bad for everyone; but particularly for businesses.

I had asked her what she thought my H and I should do now that we aren’t paying college tuition and H has gotten substantial raises the last few years. He wants to up his 403B contributions to reduce our taxable income, but I am nervous. That’s when she told me what’s going to happen and to stay in cash

I’ve been praying that we just chop for a long time. Let everything catch up. If we see the market take off again I’m afraid that’s another really bad sign.

Trump is cool…

I find it worrisome.

Not so fast there. GDP for the first quarter has been revised DOWN.

Trump is cool.

3 Likes