GDP 33.1 % - Yet Stock Market Down on Fears of Biden Win

When on your chart would you say it was becoming apparent that Obama was going to win?

1 Like

The “market” did not care at the time about any future policy measures other than stimulus to drive us out of the recession. They certainly were not reacting to a future ACA that had not even come close to being legislatively written. Come on brother, we were there! And here!

Republicans tried blaming the 1977 fair housing act on the crash…

Back when they were using a dog whistle instead or a roar…

On October 15th, 2008 he was up +14% over McCain and it became apparent to everyone that Obama would be the next President.

1 Like

Sept 15, 2008, Lehman Brothers collapsed.

Thanks Obama.

2 Likes

They were also actively blaming millenials as the cause since a lot voted for Obama (first election).

None of it made any sense

It is almost, ALMOST as if the market was reacting to something OTHER than the Presidential election, when it was in its huge selloff mode. Especially considering both Obama and McCain were in agreement on the need for bailouts and stimulus.

October 3rd, 2008

It’s funny how people mix all this up in their brain’s timeline. Thank goodness for google.

1 Like

No wonder trumpers want to dismantle google…

But you see…it was Obama! that caused the market to crater because of a future ACA that he was going to pursue…or something. :wink:

On top of everything else, between the GOP convention and the Bush economic collapse, McCain was leading
9/11/08:

And how did it end up 8 years later.

Facts do matter.

Allan

That looks when the stock market cratered before the election. Remember when McCain said everybody should put their campaigns on hold and Obama responded with we can walk and chew gum at the same time? The Great Recession started in December of 07.

I’ve been out of the market since start of August after recovering the covid losses. Started a small gambling account that was doing well until Trump blew me up with his “No stimulus” tweet during market hours a few weeks back.

The day a Biden win is certified everything goes back in.

“The fundamentals of our economy are strong!”

You have a link for this…because what I’m seeing/hearing it’s about 2 percent.

Latest example

The world’s second-biggest economy is now expected to expand by 2.1% in 2020, according to the median of 37 analysts surveyed by Reuters, down slightly from the 2.2% growth projected in the last poll in July.

That would make China the only major economy to grow in 2020, albeit at the slowest annual pace since 1976, the final year of Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution.

You are correct. I miss read the article.

It was the 3q2020 GDP. No the whole of 2020.

Allan

1 Like

Uh. That was never due to Obama’s election. Unless you think Obama was responsible for a Global Banking Failure before he had a chance to even enact policies?

My dad still blames them to this very day. Even after seeing “The Big Short” which explains why the collapse happened, he just ignores facts that don’t suit his reality.

1 Like

Obama…Carter… as long as you dont blame republicans…