Gas prices soaring and could go even higher by spring

It’s not like they aren’t going to still sell it. Instead of moving under ground they are going to move it by trucks to oil tankers which release more carbon than pipelines.

Gas was over $4 a gallon and the Bush administration was actively adding to the SPR. That’s not only wasteful spending (buy high, sell low) but it puts additional upward price pressure on oil and gas. When an oil soaked administration does that it’s not a good look.

That is a lot different than a strategic SPR release to stabilize pricing and supply. That’s why there are two different responses.

I never said he didn’t approve it. I said it wasn’t even started in 4 years, Why?

Critical theory is fun when I’m the opposition.

Because of lawsuits. What do you want him to do, ignore the lawsuits and dig it himself.

1 Like

He’s putting drilling restrictions on public lands as well. Back to OPEC dependency.

MALA.

1 Like

Fracking ban on Federal leases.

What percentage of US leases do you think this affects?

No, not back to OPEC. All those laid rigs and laid off US oil workers are going back to work in W. Texas. My LinkedIn feed is full of Trump supporters who are ecstatic that oil went over $65 today.

Then why was it so much Cheaper before the sock puppet?

Yes, Big oil loves who ever runs Biden.

Because the last President badly misjudged and mismanaged what little Covid response we had.

Gas was higher two years ago.

So Big Oil hated Trump…Glad we agree.

Trump did put restrictions on offshore drilling (Florida coast). I think the support for some restrictions is based largely on how much ones constituents oppose having this activity happening in areas that they value aesthetically.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-signs-order-extending-ban-on-new-offshore-drilling-sites-off-floridas-atlantic-coast

I know…rite? Have you been vaccinated?

No way I’m not putting that Bill Gates microchip in my body.

As if all the stars aligned and magic was in the air to get such a shift.

1 Like

Isn’t it weird how a virus…that has devastated the world…has a vaccine available and already distributed across the continental US in just one year…directly due to the actions of a President who according to you “badly misjudged and mismanaged” our response?

Don’t buy 93 octane unless your owner’s manual says your car requires it (not just recommends but requires). It’s a waste of money.

He gave pharma companies money to mitigate the risks of developing the vaccine…something every other world leader has done in the developed world.

He wrote some checks…he didn’t do the science.

And lucky for him mRNA technology came of age over the last decade…without such technology, we would still be waiting for a vaccine.

Moderna had a vaccine candidate two days after the virus was sequenced…back in January when Trump was claiming the virus was no issue.

Unless of course you believe Trump is so eleventy-dimensional awesome his actions affected the past.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It also has aligned with vaccine distribution and the increasing hopes the world will be returning to normal.

Hmm…when the world returns to normal, what happens to demand for petroleum?

I’m sure it will come to you if you think about it for a bit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TDS on steroids ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: