Gas prices soaring and could go even higher by spring

Hold on to your butts, we’re coincidentally doing the high gas price thing again.

That 1400 stimulus check ought to be good for at least 18 fuel stops. Don’t spend it all at once! :wink:

1 Like

Jbiden and his electric BS.

3 Likes

We appear to be at the mercy of OPEC production. Again.

4 Likes

I have a question; if we are energy independent, why is OPEC setting our internal oil prices?

We are always at the mercy of OPEC and will be for some time.

Mainly because of the types of oil we can produce vis a vis OPEC.

They can flex their production capacity in such ways that they can take out critical parts of our capacity any time they wish.

And “drilling more” in the US will not change that.

1 Like

Will probably be 4 dollars plus here in Tn by summer. The sky’s the limit as to what California prices will be at that point.

It was about 1.80 odd when the idiot took office.

And there was no reason for it. MALA.

4 Likes

Yes there was.

Stop reading the talking points.

1 Like

E-85 was 1.49 in early January. Last week it was 2.39.

Thankfully, no mean Tweets though. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

We used to be. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah better to have a MALA policy than to have mean tweets. :wink:

4 Likes

Right? Why would we want American peace and prosperity when we can send billions to hostile countries, fund terrorism in the middle east, and surrender global dominance to governments that own slave labor camps?

6 Likes

Do you understand anything about US energy production and why Saudi Arabia has leverage over it and will for some time…no matter which party controls the White House?

Here, hold this. lol

3 Likes

Because KSA and now Russia’s production costs are a fraction of W. Texas and oil is a global commodity.

Depending on who you listen to, KSA’s production costs are $13-17/bbl. US shale companies say they can make money at $40/bbl but nobody has ever really seen that happen.

If you like fracking, you want to have $60+/bbl to make it profitable.

1 Like

And do people understand the undulating plateau that oil has been on since the mid-2010s and why that is?

Trying yet again to break out of the talking points and have a real discussion, although I don’t know why I bother.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense.

Me either. Must be hard for you, being on such a higher plane than everyone else.

6 Likes

That’s right!

1 Like

What part doesn’t make sense? That KSA can produce a bbl of oil for much cheaper? I guess that is kind of a roundabout explanation, so let’s just say that KSA can largely set the price of oil around the globe based on its production.

In this case they are somewhat successfully setting restricted production quotes for OPEC and have since last fall. They are making the price of oil go up by throttling production.

US shale producers are loving that, what did I say the number of rigs that had been picked up since the Big Guy was elected, 80 something?