Gabbard suspends campaign, endorses

Well, Missy, that’s the thing about that job. Nobody is “qualified” for that job until after their first term.

I would vote for Obama if he could run again and would make me two promises.

Unfortunately it would probably kill him.

Tell her mouth and ego that.

1 Like

Another vote for Grand Pa Girl sniffer…

1 Like

I think her only path to the nomination as VP is to follow the strategy Abraham Lincoln used in 18[quote=“LucyLou, post:18, topic:228819, full:true”]

I am unsure why Stacy Abrams would be qualified to be president, because face it, the VP here has a high chance of becoming president.
[/quote]

I think her only path to the nomination is to follow the path Abraham Lincoln used in 1860. With several strong contenders ahead of him, Lincoln worked on becoming many delegates second choice, and so when the a deadlock emerged among the leading Republican contenders he became the consensus choice. Were a similar deadlock to emerge between Klobuchar and Harris, Abrams has an opportunity. I am not saying she is the best choice, but she is well liked (by Democrats) based on the sense that she was cheated out of an electoral victory in Georgia by voter suppression and she has devoted herself to addressing voter suppression ever since.

Her who?

For once i have to agree with you on both points. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get Abrams either.

2 Likes

I believe she has only served a term in Georgia State legislature.

No. We need to do better than that.

I agree. Picking her would seem a bit too much like pandering. We need a VP that knows how to navigate the divided politics in Washington

1 Like

Personally I think Harris or Klobuchar would be fine, Harris definitely helps with the Black vote and the women vote but Klobuchar is more emblematic of what Biden is striving for, which is mending things and working together. But I don’t think either helps with the midwest, Biden is fine all by himself in the midwest he doesn’t need help there.

I think Harris would make a better President though, if Biden wasn’t around. Very smart lady and a good sense of humor, I really like her laugh.

2 Likes

Yea I like Harris more than Klobachar too. Both would be good.

Ooooh I just looked up Kamala Harris on Wiki. Guess what? She and I were born on the exact same day and year. That is really weird.

1 Like

Thats because you are Kamala. We tell you every week

As I responded previously, I think Abrams is a long shot… I suggested she only gets it as the compromise second choice everyone can agree on (ala Lincoln in 1860). But in a Democratic field that is short on charisma, she is quite charismatic… and I would expect she will get a featured spot at the Democratic Convention (assuming conventions can be held) to boost her national standing.

Never happen. Biden thinks she is Sarah Palin. :wink:

MOC?

No it didn’t. You wrote it. Good catch, though.

The Kid Sniffer they need, not the Kid Sniffer they deserve.

:rofl:

Well a good laugh is what we need now.

I just appreciate her humanity. She is warm and decent, plus plenty smart enough for the job.

As a bonus, she is also half Indian, which would also be historic. First female, first asian, and I think her Father is Jamaican. Plus she has a white husband, there is a whole lot of demographic checks off the list.

None of that honestly matters though, in the end she is competent and decent. Plus, she was born on an awesome day.