Full pardon for Flynn may be imminent

It will be interesting to see what Sullivan has to say about this motion.
The argument the DOJ seems to be making is that the FBI should have opened a new investigation into Flynn, specifically about his discussion with Kislyak.

"Arguably, you sold your country out. I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain for this criminal offense.”

– U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan to Michael Flynn

1 Like

Link?

Cuz that’s not what he did

It’ll be interesting to see how Sullivan responds.

Yes it will. Will he trip over his ego?

My bet is he will do the right thing to protect the FBI.

What’s your take on it Tim?

That’s precisely why this is happening, so it doesn’t.

1 Like

All done then? Is Flynn a free man with no pending charges or convictions?

No, not yet.

As far as the system is concerned, Flynn is still pleading guilty.

So, in reality, he’s not. Got it.

Flynn is still technically in a legal bind until Sullivan allows him to withdrawal his guilty plea. I say that because even though the current DoJ has determined it will no longer prosecute Flynn, future DoJ leadership could (within the statutes of limitations) if the guilty plea is not resolved favorably to Flynn. Flynn still has a guilty plea hanging out there.

The motion to dismiss filed today provides good cause to Sullivan to allow Flynn to withdrawal his plea. It’s worth reading the motion I linked, lots of troubling actions against Flynn.

Additionally, Van Grack filed today to remove himself as a prosecutor against Flynn, as well as filing to remove himself from other cases, so given these filings and timing of it all I think Van Grack will be departing DoJ soon under less than favorable conditions.

McCabe’s own words: “First we ■■■■ Flynn, then we ■■■■ Trump.” Flynn as incoming National Security Advisor to Trump would have been obstacle within the cooked up Crossfire Hurricane investigation. Flynn would be in the chain, so he needed to go one way or another. Remove Flynn first (Crossfire Razor) as the investigation roadblock so they can work toward removing Trump (Crossfire Hurricane) once Flynn is gone.

1 Like

Good gouge. Don’t forget the FBI has to be protected.

@TheDoctorIsIn is Flynn’s case going to be vacated?

This all blowing up pretty quickly. House Intel transcripts of the 53 interviews just released today confirm there was no evidence of Trump and team colluding with Russia.

Round up these bandits and put them in a chain gang breaking rocks for the rest of their lives.

3 Likes

No. Either the charges will be dropped, or Sullivan will reject Flynn’s motion to withdraw his plea, and he’ll be sentenced.

In either case, nothing will be “vacated”.

Never happen. The Machine doesn’t punish itself. Remember what Schumer said about Trump going after the alphabets?

Ok.

Shouldn’t be long now.

Still waiting on Sullivan to sign off but for the most part, yes.

1 Like

I see Xfinity, owned ultimately by AT&T, are running a watchathon of free programming next week. Providing a safe room distraction for TDSers from upcoming coverage of the malfeasance by the Obama administration.

1 Like

But Schumer is a dolt and is not in charge. His threats mean squat. There are new sheriff’s in town.

You missed the point.