Frozen embryos are ‘children,’ Alabama Supreme Court rules in couples’ wrongful death suits

I’m here for you, not them.

1 Like

From the link:

The enacted legislation doesn’t define or clarify whether under state law frozen embryos created via IVF have the same rights as children. Rather, the narrowly tailored bill is designed to protect doctors, clinics and other health care personnel who provide IVF treatment and services by offering such workers civil and criminal “immunity.”

The new law will “provide civil and criminal immunity for death or damage to an embryo to any individual or entity when providing or receiving services related to in vitro fertilization.”

It says that “no action, suit, or criminal prosecution for the damage to or death of an embryo shall be brought or maintained against any individual or entity when providing or receiving services related to in vitro fertilization.”

During debates in both chambers Tuesday, lawmakers removed the word “goods” from the phrase “goods or services” from the bill, meaning companies that provide items that are integral to the IVF process could still face civil suits — but not criminal prosecution — if their products are determined to damage or destroy embryos. The enacted bill also caps the monetary awards in such suits at the price patients paid for the affected IVF cycle.

Looks like they took the dimocrats stupid talking point away from them. (expect them to use it anyway)

Next they’ll stir up a " controversy" about lesbian curious, double transsexual, reverse queer, homophobic, former coma, incarcerated, sperm donors that impregnated themselves when they tripped and fell on a penis, not being able to get an abortion at 9 months.

1 Like

The Supreme Court ruling was never a ban on IVF in the first place. Once again it was lib hair-on-fire crisis fabrication. Now the question is clarified for them.

And yet the net outcome was IVF clinics shutting down in Alabama. That’s why republicans scrambled to sign this bill.

You made my point.

Now go pester someone else.

Well, all that fake virtue from the snakes in the grass sure did evaporate with those vapors. Well done, everyone! :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree. In most cases, women don’t want to take responsibility.