FoxNews Breathlessly Pushes Crazy Moon Narrative

I saw one stepping, not a country.

It’s kind of weird that the flag is now bleached white. What does that represent?

Should America be flying a white flag on the moon?

If the movie had been made strictly for the Armstrong family album then more power to them.

He didn’t walk there. And you didn’t see anything. I doubt your parents saw it.

If he watched a recording of it, he saw it just as much as you did. You aren’t special.

1 Like

You’re digressing to irrelevancies. Stop resisting and answer the question.

There you go demanding things again.

Stop resisting?

I am the resistance.

The flag has not been bleached out and even if it had there hasn’t been any new photos taken of it to reveal same.

Faded or not it will always represent one of the greatest achievements of mankind in all of human history and most certainly one of our greatest as a nation.

:rofl: sure he did. What does watching a recording tell you about context?

I am very special.

To plant flags.

No you aren’t. You’re trapped again because you didn’t think before you posted.

Lunar Scientist Paul Spudis, in a July 2011 blog posting, writes: " For forty-odd years, the flags have been exposed to the full fury of the Moon’s environment – alternating 14 days of searing sunlight and 100° C heat with 14 days of numbing-cold -150° C darkness. But even more damaging is the intense ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the pure unfiltered sunlight on the cloth (modal) from which the Apollo flags were made. Even on Earth, the colors of a cloth flag flown in bright sunlight for many years will eventually fade and need to be replaced. So it is likely that these symbols of American achievement have been rendered blank, bleached white by the UV radiation of unfiltered sunlight on the lunar surface. Some of them may even have begun to physically disintegrate under the intense flux."

It wasn’t a United Nations project, good grief I don’t know where you got that from! it was an All American project paid for and completed by Americans! It was a race to space between the USA and Russia and America WON!!!

No. The flag was symbolic.

I watched it live on a zenith console color television… i can still remember what it sounded like changing channels… clunk, clunk, clunk…

Read your own citation. “Will Eventually”.

There hasn’t been a picture taken of it in decades so it’s speculation.

The probable current state of the Apollo American flags on the Moon: Symbolic?

Read more at Faded Flags on the Moon | Air & Space Magazine| Smithsonian Magazine

Completely missing the point.

Technically it wasn’t live. There was a time delay. Even the speed of light takes time to travel when you’re dealing with distances that large. If my memory serves me right, it was something like 7 minutes.

Because trump…zees are unhappy unless they can make themselves victims from everything.

1 Like

Well correct… the only people to watch it “live” were Armstrong and Aldrin…