FOX Business: Texas grocery store gets state's first ammunition vending machine

Read carefully … “in the state (of Texas.)”

I read carefully , nowhere in the post I was responding was the phrase " in the state of Texas." Take your own advice maybe?

It’s in the thread title. :smirk:

And the post you replied to was not about these vending machines. It was a meme about Texas.

I responded to the thread title? Not a specific post? Are you sure about that? Really really sure?

Read carefully

Give it up Mob.

Stop being wrong samm

Hell I’m pretty sure 9mm Parabellum is the most produced ammunition in the United States.

Georg Luger would be proud to see how widely adopted his cartridge ended up being.

And I think it’s lasted primarily because of how modern and adaptable it was when DWM designed it. It’s rimless, fairly straight walled, and packs a nice punch while still having very manageable recoil. It checked all the boxes of a modern handgun round in 1906 when it was introduced.

Keep being wrong Mob.

There hasn’t been one interaction were you have been right and I have been wrong…

It is nice to see you finally realize I was responding to the meme and not the thread title. Glad you saw your mistake this time.

I’m curious how many calibers they have per machine … and how many times a day they have to restock it.

At the very least they’ll have 9mm, .45 ACP, and .380 for handguns since those are the most popular rounds. Probably .38 special for revolvers. Rifles would definitely be .223, .308, and maybe 30-06. Although it is Texas so I’m sure .300 Blackout will find its way into the machines too since it’s the second most popular loading for ARs.

Oh and we can’t forget the old Goldie, 22LR.

As for restocking, I’m sure the 9mm, .223, and 22LR will have to restocked multiple times per day.

According to American Rounds the machines are restocked every 2 weeks to a month.

Also ammunition stocked can vary by seasons but seems to generally be a mixture of 9mm and 12 gauge shotgun shells.

Makes sense only American Rounds restock as the store would have to take up valuable storage space and make if secure. Plus a store restocking probably would incur some form of liability for the staff tasked with it.

They must not sell much then. Those machines aren’t that big.

Of course, the required ID and facial recognition data they collect may be dampening buyer enthusiasm. I know I would be hesitant to use one.

1 Like

I’m curious about the cost. How many for how much?

It could put some people off but the machines themselves must be pretty low maintenance and cost effective for the company. Though of course paying someone to drive around and restock has a significant cost attached to it.

With only 8 machines currently in operation they are going to need to scale that quite significantly for it to be a viable business.

Glock 26 all day, every day!

2 Likes

Glocks are good guns. I rail against them because of how insufferable most Glock guys are though. Same reason despite being a Mustang fan I rag on Mustang guys all the time. Because of how insufferable they are as a group.

I got called old fashioned because of the Jericho. All because I like a manual safety and I carry cocked and locked. “You’re not gonna have time to flick that safety if you have to use it.”

If it takes me longer than half a second to flick the safety off then the attacker deserves to kill me for being incompetent.

Technically it is DA/SA with a heavy trigger. So I could do a Glock carry with it if I wanted to. But I’m old school. I like single action. I come from a revolver background. I don’t like heavy DA triggers.

Although I’m one of the weirdos who really likes French rifles. So can I really rag on anyone else?

2 Likes

Texas grocery store named Lowes… at least it wasn’t H.E.Bullets…

Yeah, Glock fan boys can be the worst. As for me I totally understand why some people don’t like them. There’s the grip angle for one. And some really prefer an external safety. Hell, if I’m carrying one in a backpack I won’t chamber a round. And I’ll also point people to the Springfield XD line if they’re iffy on the Glock.

1 Like

Glock 17 here, but I’ll freely admit that Glock Bros are as obnoxious as Swifties.