Four Officers Charged In George Floyd’s Death May Be Rehired

https://www.upliftingtoday.com/2020/06/four-officers-fired-for-death-of-george-floyd-may-get-their-jobs-back/?fbclid=IwAR1gdNM5KAcaCOWXBsKFJKLPvNuVyPaOXzPk9Fp9rP9FEJXKBIvTH3z50i4

I’m the last to care if a worker voluntarily joins a union. Some grant better representation, make better usage of members’ dues than others. But is this the sort of defense we want a union to provide?

Happen all the times, there was a a group of guards that murdered a prison buy burning him alive in a hot shower all got hired by local PDs after being fired and not charged.

Read your own citation.

The state attorney claimed testimony from inmates was inconsistent with testimony from prison staff as well as physical evidence, and that she could not find evidence Rainey was burned to death. His family says they were pressured to cremate his body, the fact that Rainey’s skin fell off on contact after his death is undisputed, and the nurse who tried to take his temperature after he died said it was too high to register on the thermometer. A prison officer tested the shower a couple of days after Rainey’s death, finding it went as high as 160 degrees, but no investigators checked the shower the day of Rainey’s death.

What was Rainey’s official cause of death?

“happens all the time”

so is that why, with 2.3 million incarcerated, you could only find an event that occured in 2012?

Come on down to Charlotte Correctional Facility in Florida, they have mysterious inmate deaths several times a year.

unsubstantiated happens-all-the-time innuendo doesn’t count.

I’ve been in unions all of my life going back to 1986. That’s what unions do. They fight for your job no matter what. There are no exceptions that I know of. If they can fight it, they’ll try. It’s very hard to fire some union members because there is a procedure that has to be followed. Usually something agreed upon by both sides.

In these officers cases for example. Let’s say all are acquitted. What is the standard discipline for the actions of those officers? If you say anything but fired on the spot, they’ll be getting their jobs back.

1 Like

It’s documented and under investigation.