Foreigner, Cher, and Ozzy Osbourne Among the Newest Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

Foreigner, Cher, and Ozzy Osbourne are among the newest inductees of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as they were announced on American Idol.

I’m quite happy with the newest inductees, although I wished Sade and Eric B. & Rakim were inducted as well.

Frampton was a good choice, and Buffett was ok too

1 Like

I’m going off the rails on a crazy train.

For some reason I thought he was already a member.

Cher is a great choice too. Her folk rock of the 60s and 70s was good stuff. And her pop career wasn’t bad either.

He was inducted as a member of Black Sabbath back in the mid-2000s.

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. I always forget he was an off and on member for like 40 years.

Even though Ozzy was a founder, when I think of Black Sabbath I always think of the Dio era. Heaven and Hell specifically. Mainly because I really love some Dio.

I’m surprised Foreigner aren’t already in. They aren’t my cup of tea, but still

2 Likes

Cher was ok, but Sonny Bono made that duo- and with Sonny being a republican house member (the only member of congress with a #1 pop single on the billboard hot 100 chart) the odds of him getting in are slim…

Think he is with Black Sabbath but could be incorrect.

IMHO In later years,Foreigner, Journey, and REO Speedwagon morphed into the same band.

1 Like

Heh. Yup.

1 Like

Buffett or Cher is not exactly “rock” genre.

Rock beat is 4/4.

Buffett you can go for seconds if you use a clean plate

The Monkees or even the Banana Splits are more deserving to be in the Rock HOF than Buffett or Cher.

Cher said she didnt want to be part of HOF.
If they inducted both Sonny And Cher to the HOF then Cher is worthy to be in the HOF.
Theres Cher but cant say that Chaz is Cher alike.

They do sound a lot a like now that I think about it.

There still are some rock legends who have been ignored. Some were the legends of the legends, most of them are dead.

Just about damn time Foreigner get some love! JC they should have been in years ago!

Yeah that Unusual Heat album was what killed foreigner IMO! The post Lou Gramm years were garbage.