Ford and UAW reach agreement

Not sure if this was posed in another thread but the used car market is about to explode. You think new cars are expensive now?

Do these UAW members know that battery cars are being mandated? And being made in non union shops?
Me thinks the union bosses didn’t think this one out very well. 25% pay increase, benefits increased, “strike on demand”, “job security” ( can’t be fired)
Good luck Ford

2 Likes

Getting a good deal means that unionizing non union shops becomes easier.

2 Likes

Plus these same workers took huge pay cuts back in 2008 to help the manufacturers survive the 08 recession.

They were owed this. The manufacturers shouldn’t have put it off for so long.

10 Likes

I bought my 2018 caravan for 10k and it still has less than 88k miles on it.

Might be a good time to turn a phat profit. :thinking:

3 Likes

Unions are needed less and less.

They tried to unionize us and we voted them down 3 to 1.

And why would we vote them in? We made noticeably more than Autoworkers without paying union dues or ever losing money on strike.

2 Likes

Well good for you that you work for a company that doesn’t deserve a union.

Not everyone is so lucky.

2 Likes

Nicely put.

Less and less need one.

Nah… there will always be those that will exploit labor.

That’s good for you. Your job doesn’t need one. But I’ve never worked a job where being non union would be better. Quite the opposite. But I’d vote down a union too if it was beneficial to me.

1 Like

I don’t think they care about any of the mandates. Mandates for the future can be scrapped at any time.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf

Official 2022 numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Overall unionization rate was 10.1%, down from 10.3% in in 2021.

Public sector unionization rate was 33.1%.

Private sector unionization rate was 6.0%

The figures for overall and private sector unionization are the lowest on record and public sector is pretty much at its lowest on public record.

Proud to say that North Carolina has the second lowest union membership in the nation, behind only South Carolina.

Any victories by unions are pyrrhic only, as the union movement continues its death rattle, particularly in the private sector.

1 Like

Especially the government.

That might be true. And who will be in the WH from ‘21 thru ‘24 could accelerate the mandates too.

I don’t mind the union getting a good deal for the workers. I do wish Biden would have kept his nose out of it, and union monies didn’t go directly into the DNC coffers.

With inflation and cost of living increases, I’m glad they’re receiving increased compensation.

1 Like

No reason for Biden to stay out of it. All he did was state the plain truth. Would be very disappointing if he just said nothing.

“The companies have made some significant offers,” Biden said in a speech at the White House. “But I believe they should go further to ensure record corporate profits mean record contracts for the UAW.”

A president that wouldn’t even support workers this much would just be wasting space.

And union money will keep going to the DNC until there’s a choice. We had a pandemic and the GOP balked at policy movements on paid sick leave. Republicans have to be a little bit better than a trashcan if they want union money.

It depends on the mandate. Some of these mandates for the distant future are nothing more than goals.

But but Joey is the “union Prez” doncha know.

Absolutely.

Uhhh ummm union me like :rofl: