For the woodworkers here...tips, discussion etc

I have the lockmiter bit but havent used it yet. I plan on using to when i buld a new flight for the finches…

All my pictures are back in Washington state…if I ever get back I’ll show some of my work.

2 Likes

Made the number one mistake on that farmhouse sink. :wink:

Whats the mistake? Not making it flush with the top of the countertop?

Pushed back too far. Sink should have came forward at least 3/4 of inch or more.

Whole purpose of those farmhouse sinks is you’re not bent/leaning over the sink…specially if you’re barefoot and pregnant. :wink:

Here are pictures/link of does and don’t. It seems lots of people make that mistake.

https://www.google.com/search?q=farmhouse+sinks&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALiCzsZOQPLpTOOQIshKqMt5aaG6tZqjnw:1653609623465&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIrdDxr_73AhVmtYQIHcLpDY8Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1280&bih=567&dpr=1.5#imgrc=HEOnWzNVdpD_3M

Other then that Vaard…nice work.

I followed the manufacturer guide for placement. The corners of the sink should be right at the edge of the countertop…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007DQ1ZIU/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CZ0HRVSSCEHCKJ68EBNX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Those are all non metal sinks…

That’s not manufacture picture…it’s picture they use that installed it wrong.

Next time I’m in Cin I’ll post a pict the right way you should install.

Again the purpose of those sinks is you’re not leaning over it. You can use it while your back remain straight/vertical position.

as I said, nice work. :wink:

Lol :))

1 Like

Everyone of their metal sinks the corner is flush…

From their website…

Then they don’t know the history or origins of the sink…they’re just follow a latest trend. Common mistake.

Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything. As I said nice work.

How thick are those shelves and supports?

awesome work.

How do you quote work like this? Or are you time and material on things like this?

@conan should be in here! I believe he is a wood worker as well!

Jeez… just invited you to the thread, and you are already here!

damn, that is a clean shop…

And great work! On the epoxy tops…build a form and pour?

I would think it’s too thick for epoxy to cure…but I haven’t worked much with the stuff since my surfing days.

I did pour fill a bass with a epoxy. I’ll post pics…

love it.