Fool Him Twice: Beto O’Rourke Burned $14 Million in Second Failed Campaign in Just 12 Months

Originally published at: Fool Him Twice: Beto O’Rourke Burned $14 Million in Second Failed Campaign in Just 12 Months | Sean Hannity

Failed presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke officially quit his 2020 race for the White House last week, but not before burning through $14 million in his second failed campaign in less than two years.

Beto O’Rourke, the former Texas congressman who began his 2020 presidential campaign drawing large crowds and glowing magazine cover features, unceremoniously dropped his bid on Friday afternoon — but not before spending nearly $14 million on his second expensive political loss in less than a year, Federal Election Commission records indicate,” reports Fox News.

O’Rourke raised more than $75 million for his 2018 midterm challenge to unseat Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

“Though it is difficult to accept, it is clear to me now that this campaign does not have the means to move forward successfully,” O’Rourke wrote in a Medium post on Friday. “My service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee.”

Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively.

In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee. https://t.co/8jrBPGuX4t

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) November 1, 2019

“Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively. In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee,” posted O’Rourke on social media.

Source: Fox News.