Follow The Science!

You’ve been told that if everyone doesn’t get the booster shot we’re all going to die?

As a man of science who spends considerable time in the realm of those who speak like this, it certainly doesn’t decrease it.

Yes, anything vaxx.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that. There’s some evidence that the vaccine does not wane as much in younger people so that is why there is not a consensus at this point that younger people should get a booster right now.

where is this evidence?

1 Like

You mean as a Progresive Democratic man of science, don’t you? :wink:

According to the referenced article, Biden and the head of the FDA announced that booster shots would be available “well before the FDA and CDC examined the evidence.” Somebody needs to explain to me the “science” of announcing the results before the evidence is examined.

And then when the panel set up to examine this evidence rules something different than what Biden said, they are overruled to be more in compliance with Biden’s statement.

And we are told we don’t understand “science”. Well, we understand politics.

3 Likes

Strange, I haven’t heard that at all. And it really doesn’t make much sense.

On my phone, will look for the source data later

For instance, data from the CDC, presented Wednesday, shows that the ability of the mRNA vaccines to prevent severe disease hasn’t changed significantly in the past six months. Both the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines give more than 90% protection for people under 65.

“In the younger population, without comorbidities or additional risk factors, the vaccines continue to offer robust protection against severe disease,” Titanji says.

That quote doesn’t support the claim.

But if the shot is safe and effective for everyone, why not the booster? It’s basically just the same shot, right?

Why not kids?

If the vaccine wanes over time, wouldn’t we eventually be back to square one?

2 Likes

It’s not quite safe for everyone. A woman we went to church with died from the vaccine.

I had a severe reaction myself (at least i considered it severe).

One niece woke up the next day and could not even move for hours.

I’m not anti vax and consider the covid by far the most dangerous but i shiver every time folks proclaim the vaccine perfectly safe and try to compare it to the flu vaccine, small pox, measles, whatever.

I got the J&J vaccine. I’m done. I’m not taking any boosters. I’m not taking another Covid vaccine in the near future. In a few years if they come out with a totally new vaccine for some new strain, I’ll consider it.

indeed we do. biden is not following the science, he never was. all he did until now is WWTD

2 Likes

that doesn’t say what you think it says.

no. memory cells. the waning refers to the loss of antibodies that prevent covid, not to the bodies ability to fight it off.

bottom line safest route. if you haven’t been vaccinated and haven’t already gotten covid… get vaccinated.

1 Like

Already got the J&J vaccine.

It’s a matter of need … for those most at risk of serious illness and death … not about harm to recipients of the vaccine. The same priority protocol was used for the initial vaccinations, as you remember.