Follow The Science!

“As CDC Director, it is my job to recognize where our actions can have the greatest impact. At CDC, we are tasked with analyzing complex, often imperfect data to make concrete recommendations that optimize health. In a pandemic, even with uncertainty, we must take actions that we anticipate will do the greatest good,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a statement.

Emphasis mine. How many lab coats sit on that panel?

There are surprising admissions in that one paragraph. I’m sure this decision will greatly reduce vaccine hesitancy.

1 Like

It is a shame that the language of science is used to attack it. Science is honest about not knowing everything and commonly couches this in language choices such as “may”, “could”, “likely” and so on.

I am reminded of the debate about God and logic by presuppositionalists. They keep asking scientists “Are you absolutely certain this is true?”and the scientists will admit that he is not absolutely certain which is then held as an example of science not knowing anything for certain.

2 Likes

WEPs are the grammar of estimates. I agree.

They are guessing.

Some of y’all are gonna get addicted to getting that needle. :wink:

3 Likes

“Understand Science!!”

1 Like

Keep in mind the FDA gets half of their funding from the drug companies they suppose to regulate. No possible way any favors going on there.

6 Likes

Keep in mind the drug companies get a large amount of their R&D done thru government funding.

How do the drug companies fund the FDA?

Through user fees signed by W the wonder kid.

Thanks.

Looking it up, it was HW Bush that originally signed. Needs approval every 5 years.

They are panicking for no reason.

Impatient authoritarian demons…we need to take care getting rid of them.

Is this science?

2 Likes

I know I’m more comfortable having findings overruled by a bureaucrat.

The vote against boosters was 16 to 2. What the hell is going on?

4 Likes

Global War on Pandemics. :wink:

3 Likes

Fixed fees

The lab coats on that panel recommended the booster for all adults 65+ and for any age that has underlying conditions. The vote was 9-6 against recommending the booster for younger people in high risk occupations such as healthcare workers, teachers, and those that work with the public.

Good question.

The vote against boosters for everyone was 16 - 2. The vote for boosters for age 65+ and age 18-64 with underlying conditions was 18 - 0.

Jimmy, I have been told that if everyone doesn’t get it, we’re all going to die.

So let’s cut to the chase … Does this statement from the CDC Director increase your confidence that you should get a booster or decease it? And does it increase your confidence in the CDC in general, or decrease it?