FISA Court abuses

Actually I look at the persons profile and note they just joined the site a few hours before and their first post is worded the way it is, and I recognize it for what it is, and we all know what it is. Think of what you do to a tire when it gets worn hint hint.

1 Like

You are starting from two false assumptions:

1. The ā€œdossier was fakeā€
  2. Renewals depended on the dossier.

As to the dossier being fake, can you cite any information in the dossier that has been disproven. There is one piece of information ā€“ a meeting was held at Rosnoft and the Rosnoft exec involved was incorrectly identified. Other that that, almost all the allegations in the dossier about Russian interference in the 2016 election and Trumpā€™s dealings with Russia have been confirmed either in Muellerā€™ indictments or elsewhere. The sexual material in the dossier has neither been confirmed nor disconfirmed, but the underlying sexual allegations: that Trump has been unfaithful to his wife and that he can be blackmailed about this matter have been confirmed. So unless you can point to any falsehoods in the Steele dossier, your assertion that it is fake, just does not hold up, regardless of how many times you hear it from conservative commentators.

1. Any lawyer would tell you that a renewal would only be granted based on the quality of the evidence gathered under the warrant. A prosecutor who asked for a renewal based solely on the evidence presented the first time around would not get a renewal. Since that gathered evidence is largely classified and unreleased, can you provide any reason why the FISA court judges would have done anything different than follow normal procedure and granted renewals based on the quality of the data gathered under the warrant?
2 Likes

Iā€™m ok with consistency.

If there is probable cause to execute a search warrant, it doesnā€™t matter what political affiliation the target is. If the warrant allows for recording, yup.

If anyone lies to the FBI, they have committed a crime. Doesnā€™t matter what political party they belong to.

Donā€™t assume people are ok with assassinations with zero supportive information. It makes your argument look extremely hyperbolic and dumb.

When you make assumptions about people you know what that makes you.

I like everyone else that isnā€™t on the FISA court, or in the FBI, or Chris Steele do not know weather there is actual proof of any of the dossier. I believe it to be false for two reasons: Steeleā€™s hatred of Trump is known. Also, after reading the report, I see no proof, one way or another. As there are ongoing issues in which the President does not back Putin, but challenges his position. If as Steele suggests "Trump is being black mailed by Putin, where is there proof of that. So, after inquiry, we are all left with supposition. Based on personal feelings. If any of you have proof, take it to the FBI, Iā€™m sure theyā€™d love it.

I appreciate what President Trump has done thus far, I hope he does much more. I hope he indicts every crooked swamp monster in Congress, and every alphabet agency.
I hope. We shall see.

Trey Gaudy was one of the four congressman who got to read the full, unredacted FISA application. Without going into details he said they had reason to open an investigation.

1 Like

No we wonā€™t, President Dennison canā€™t indict people.

And of course the ones getting indicted are his inner ciricle of criminals that he brought into the campaign.

.^^^^

1 Like

The Steele dossier is a set of unverified allegations. A reasonable standard of proof is whether other information emerges that verifies the allegations. Muellerā€™s indictments and a variety of released testimony have confirmed just every allegation in the Steele dossier regarding the the Russian effort to win the election for Trump and Trumpā€™s business dealings in Russia. The dossier has been disconfirmed on one point: the identity of the Russian official at Rosnoft who attended one meeting. If you spend a little time with the primary sources, you will see just how accurate the Dossier was.

You can return and say that the lurid sexual allegations have not been proven and you would be right about that. But those allegations supported two conclusions: 1) that Donald Trump was an unfaithful husband and 2) that infidelity opened him up to blackmail. Both of those have been supported based on his dalliances in America and paying blackmail in America. Thereā€™s no hard evidence one way or another about the Russian side of that part of the story.

On the whole, Steeleā€™s dossier contained a great deal of accurate information; even though the Conservative Entertainment Complex has spent a lot of time calling it phony.

3 Likes

I canā€™t stop laughing, because heā€™s not going to do one bit of that, and the crooked swamp he lives in is getting indicted, one by one.

1 Like

Your response should be the end of this thread.

The mods should lock it, but keep it pinned at the top so others can see.

Which part of the dossier is fake?