First Muslim woman in PA congress gets "greeted" by a long-winded Jesus prayer

Read the madness here

I swear I cannot make this up. On the day Pennsylvania swore in their first female Muslim state representative, the Pennsylvania state legislator decided to open up their session with a prayer from Stephanie Borowicz, a fellow Pennsylvania house member. She ended up going on a long prayer about how Jesus’ morals are what America was founded upon. She thanked President Trump for supporting Israel regardless of their policies, and ultimately asked Jesus for forgiveness. The best part was when another representative told the congresswoman “that’s enough” by grabbing her hand.

The new house member Movita Johnson-Harrell was offended by the prayer and saw it as a political statement and protest against her joining the PA assembly.

I consider myself religious and Catholic, but Borowicz went too far. I am perfectly fine with opening up a session with prayer, but getting political within the prayer and asking for “forgiveness” when a Muslim member joins, is rather crude.

I am fine with generic opening prayer or ones where the different faiths gets to share their own prayer. Think of it like being at a hockey game. During hockey games, they generally do the National Anthem from both U.S and Canada.

This has been my issue with the religious right in this country. It’s not that they believe in bible or Jesus, it is that they love to shove it other people’s faces.

And if you watch what many of them practice you’d see it’s quite different from what they preach. There are no hypocrites worse than religious hypocrites imo.

1 Like

Using their religion to poke at another member. Klassy.

1 Like

Another Muslim lawmaker, Rep. Jason Dawkins, D-Philadelphia, opened the session on Tuesday by reading from the Quran. His invocation was followed by applause.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

One person’s personal pray to one got is ridiculed withoutrage,

Yet another person reads from a religious text and it’s followed by applause.

Thanks that make you go Hmmmmmm

…and in that time, I will say, depart from me…for I never knew you.

But the op specifically noted the difference. It’s not the prayer that was derided as inappropriate

1 Like

It’s PA, the dems here are ■■■■■■■ nuts.

Johnson-Harrell won a special election earlier this month to fill a seat vacated by the resignation of Democratic Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown, who had been re-elected in November after being convicted of bribery.

LMAO… Didn’t a republican representative resign just last week?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/434719-pennsylvania-gop-state-lawmaker-resigns-after-sexual-assault-accusation

Yeah, but the Republicans didn’t re-elect him after being convicted of a crime. Dems did- says right there, bribery.

Exactly, and on top of that, the social con lady didn’t actually read any texts. She made up her own prayer and turned into a political stunt.

Those are two different things.

The point was that the social con lady made up a prayer and injected her own politics into it.

Nobody cares if a Muslim person or Christian person reads a passage from their religious texts of choice. It’s the grandstanding people have a problem with.