Finger Gun gets 12yo Cuffs and Felony Charge

I already addressed that in my 2nd post on this thread. Any administrator worth their salary would follow up with all parties involved.

You think those students are going to admit to bullying?

I get kids who lie to my face about something they did when I saw them do it.

Does it? Strange.

Are you a teacher or an administrator? As a teacher, I definitely get the same thing. I usually tell them that my glasses give me perfect 20/20 vision.
It’s been my experience that, generally, when I send a kid that swears up and down that they haven’t done anything wrong to the office, once said kid is being grilled by the principal with mom or dad in tow, most kids cave and admit to their wrongdoings. It’s even more effective if the entire group is called in, one by one. They nearly always give enough detailed information that matches what the others say that a competent administrator can arrive at the truth. NOTE: I said COMPETENT.

Let this sink in. We, as a society, put a 12 year-old girl in handcuffs for pointing her finger.

1 Like

I think that thought of it escapes em. :wink:

1 Like

Technically the police were the ones who put her in handcuffs.

Who gave them the authority? You think that’s going to work? “They” did it?

Were they forced to handcuff the girl? Would they have been fired had they refused to?

Are you familiar with the Stanford Experiment?

How do you know?

Yes, I saw the movie. People often behaved badly towards others when giving authority. Not sure if that extends to children.

Movie?

HBO movie made about 5 years ago. I had read about it before, but the movie gave better insight.

Well, at least in the Dept of Education, and throughout the education system.

Caution? Yes.

But is arresting and charging her the approach they should take?

Seems to me she needs help, not an arrest record. And the bullying that precipitated this is a huge problem.

1 Like

Seems to me, she will now be labeled as an even bigger outcast not only by the kids bullying her, but also teachers and admin. She will be known as “The girl who was hauled off in cuffs”. This will only exacerbate the problem. Parents of other children in the school will probably caution their kids not to associate with her, compounding her loneliness and despair.

Like a documentary?

Helicopter moms.

No, a drama. It was pretty good.