Finger Gun gets 12yo Cuffs and Felony Charge

This is what our “woke” govt gets us. A 12 year old girl who shapes her hand in the form of a gun and points it at four classmates, and then herself, gets removed from the school in hand cuffs and charged with a felony.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article235891762.html

Maybe by next year we will be able to charge an 11 year old with a felony. If this keeps up, maybe within a few years we will be able to charge 3 year olds!

This is absolutely ridiculous! How many 12 year olds have shot up our schools? How many school shooters have been female? The whole school board should be removed.

1 Like

She needs to learn early. Wrongspeak, even non-verbal wrongspeak, must be eradicated.

Now she can wear a red flag for life.

Update: Girl who pointed a finger gun was a victim of bullies, her mom says

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article235891762.html#storylink=cpy

This country is getting crazier and crazier and crazier by the day.

There is no such thing as a slippery slope.

She was picked on “to the point where one day she was found in the corner of the school lunchroom sobbing.”

She’s lucky she wasn’t shot through the window.

I don’t know what the hell this has to do with being “woke” but it is definitely a stupid move by an overly zealous government. She should have the arrest and charge removed from her record, and tell the other kids not to ask questions like who you would kill in a school shooting.

Really?

This zero tolerance crap has been going on for twenty years since I was in middle school. And it’s not just in liberal areas.

1 Like

Guns in school has been a big issue with stupid government policies long before being “woke” was even a thing.

It’s just now we’re so scared that even a hand gesture is a felony.

Fingers haven’t.

Haven’t what?

All the outside reporting I have seen has said the girl was 13 years old. Also saw a story with optimism that the felony charges might be dropped.

I am with President Donald J. Trump when it comes to incidents like this.

The mother of the girl I saw in reporting has claimed her daughter has been bullied. If that is true then that is problematic, because that may indicate that she is possibly more prone to mental health issues.

This finger gun pointing could be the first in a long line of potential “red flags” that lead to her maybe, uniquely, becoming a female school shooter or far more likely her becoming a suicide by gun victim of a mental health death spiral fostered by the bullying by her peers, a death spiral that is all too common among our teenaged youth.

As I said, I stand with the President on this! Her finger gun needed a strong response!

Remarks by President Trump on the Mass Shootings in Texas and Ohio

LAW & JUSTICE

Issued on: August 5, 2019

In the two decades since Columbine, our nation has watched with rising horror and dread as one mass shooting has followed anotherover and over again , decade after decade.

We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless . We can and will stop this evil contagion. In that task, we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions . We have to do that in a bipartisan manner. That will truly make America safer and better for all.

First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan — partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.

As an example, the monster in the Parkland high school in Florida had many red flags against him, and yet nobody took decisive action. Nobody did anything. Why not?

Second, we must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence.

We must stop or substantially reduce this, and it has to begin immediately . Cultural change is hard, but each of us can choose to build a culture that celebrates the inherent worth and dignity of every human life. That’s what we have to do .

Third, we must reform our mental health laws to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence and make sure those people not only get treatment, but, when necessary, involuntary confinement. Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-mass-shootings-texas-ohio/

Finger gun today, AR15 tomorrow!

2 Likes

Been an issue before woke.

Actually it is.

Hell yes they’re coming for your fingers!

This didn’t happen in Kansas City, this happened in Overland Park, KS, which is in Johnson county, which is a wealthy and affluent county, full of libs.

I think it’s more the progression of people being ignorant of guns. We should have classes where kids learn to shoot guns, IMO.

1 Like

That would cause a mental health crisis of Old Testament proportions.

1 Like