Fighting the Hoplophobes

Tennessee is one of the lowest overall tax states, no income taxes, low property taxes. That’s sweet enough.

Probably their biggest motivation is moving away from fanatical anti - 2nd amendment crazies in NY.

2 Likes

It would be very high on mine. I won’t even visit a red state, much less live in one. EVER.

The justices will decide if bump stocks, devices that effectively convert a semiautomatic gun into an automatic weapon, are legal.

Liar. Why you got to lie?

1 Like

Because they bought into propaganda. Just proves how effective propaganda/indoctrination really is.

1 Like

I’ve watched this increase greatly in the last several years and labeled it the sheoplization of the US. Today most all of the media is united in this cause and are weapons of those in political power which is mainly libs. Orange man baaa, baaa, baaad has been their united drumbeat and many are marching to it.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4321243-federal-appeals-court-strikes-maryland-handgun-rule/

Federal appeals court strikes Maryland handgun rule

1 Like
3 Likes

Good!

To me it’s not even a second amendment issue.

It’s an “are they an adult with rights, or aren’t they?” issue.

Pick an age… any age as far as I care, and that’s the age for adulthood and ALL rights. You don’t get some before then and some after then, ALL.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

A perfectly reasoned ruling. :+1:

And I’d bet that the SCOTUS refuses to hear it on appeal if Garland chooses to do so.

2 Likes

The Remington plant in Ilion, NY will close in March 2024 citing democratic politics as a reason for the move to GA.

195 years of firearm manufacturing up in blue smoke.

RemArms is excited to expand our facilities in Georgia, a state that not only welcomes business but enthusiastically supports and welcomes companies in the firearms industry.

2 Likes

Remington has more problems than the State of New York.

They got 99 problems, but NY ain’t one…anymore.

Well, I hope they survive. I have a long association with their firearms. Both the first gun I ever owned (Christmas present when I was 13) and the first gun I ever purchased (at 16) were Remingtons. I still have that first purchase (the earlier single-shot 22 rifle was passed down to a nephew) of a model 700 30-06 in my safe along with a couple of shotguns and a 1911.

But I have my doubts that they will ever be a major player again.

My first was an 870 super mag I bought when I was 18. It’s almost worn out now, but still my favorite shotgun. I’ve drug that thing through so many duck holes and turkey hunts, it absolutely caked in mud. About the only trouble I had out of it was ripping off cheap shell tabs when ejecting. But that was more to do with the cheap shells than the gun.
We had an old marlin model 60 as a youngster. My brother in law got mad at me once squirrel hunting with that gun. I’d shoot them as soon as I saw them, sometimes over 100 yards out, and he said “Quit! You’re taking the fun out of it!” My brother has that rifle. I wish I did.

I don’t think we’ll let Remington die. They’ll keep making reliable cheap firearms for generations to cut their teeth on. The moves they’re making, I think, will ensure that.

4 Likes

Get 'em!

1 Like

"New, from DemCo: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime!

"We’ve all been there, something bad happens and mean Republicans, pro-lifers, the NRA gun nuts or homophobic haters point out that it was perpetrated by minorities, homosexuals, transgender persons, or one of those wonderful Muslims.

"What is a progressive to do?

"Why, with new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime you can push their tiresome, boring rants far, far away!

“Just apply I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime to your rectum like so and it’s patented politically correct recipe strongly attracts the skin of you scalp …” (Voice now muffled) “… and now you’ll have no problem realizing who is really responsible for whatever goes wrong!”

(fast speaking voice)

“I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime has no known side effects that you cannot blame on the bad people. If you start to feel uncomfortable simply apply more I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime and discomfort will fade. Reports of users disappearing up their own asses are muckraking rumors spread by crypto-fascists, who are you going to believe anyway?”

(muffled announcer voice again)

“I Can’t Believe It’s Not Hate Crime, available on school campuses and from druggist nation wide!”

1 Like

Fight 'em!

2 Likes

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4407341-federal-judge-rules-ban-on-firearms-in-post-offices-unconstitutional/

Federal judge rules ban on firearms in post offices unconstitutional

U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle, a Trump appointee,

:rofl::+1:t4::us_outlying_islands::+1:t5:

1 Like