Fifth Column eco activists lose in S.C. __ Trump can build wall

Overstayed Their Visas

Some people endure long journeys by foot, train, boat and smugglers to make it across the border. But for an increasing number of immigrants, illegal status arrives overnight, without a single step.

400 thousand

Overstayed

visa

Crossed

over

Mexican

border

The top-two ways illegal

immigrants arrive in the U.S.

Note: Data are estimates rounded to the nearest five thousand.

In each year from 2007 to 2014, more people joined the ranks of the illegal by remaining in the United States after their temporary visitor permits expired than by creeping across the Mexican border, according to a report by researchers at the Center for Migration Studies.

The point is that from 2007 to 2014 according to this study…the numbers are going the opposite direction. More people are becoming illegal by overstaying visas rather than crossing the boarder. You’d know this if you didn’t believe the lies individual 1 tells about the border and immigration.

What about people overstaying their visas?
As border apprehensions have declined, estimates show a growing proportion of the undocumented population legally entered the country on visas but overstayed the time limits on those visas. A Center for Migration Studies report estimates that 44 percent of those in living in the U.S. illegally in 2015 were visa overstays. That’s up from an estimated 41 percent in 2008.

The CMS report, written by Robert Warren, a former director of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service’s statistics division, says 65 percent of net arrivals — those joining the undocumented population — from 2008 to 2015 were visa overstays.

There are no solid, long-term estimates of the visa overstay problem. When we wrote about this issue in August 2015, DHS told us it didn’t have statistics on visa overstays. But DHS has since issued some estimates. It said that about 629,000 people on visas who were expected to leave in fiscal year 2016 hadn’t done so by the end of that fiscal year (that’s out of 50.4 million arrivals).

That number, however, had declined to about 545,000 by January 2017, DHS said, noting that it expected the estimate to “shift over time as additional information is reported.” CMS disputed the DHS estimate, finding that the number was too high.

Your "point’ has no bearing on the fact that building a wall would drastically cut down illegal border entries which is one of the two major methods used by foreigners that account for unlawfully present non-citizens in the U.S.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

So you don’t want something that’s effective, just something that looks cool.

1 Like

Just doing a cost benefit analysis.

Wouldn’t taxpayer money be better spent tracking down the visa overstayers. After all we have their fingerprints.

Or are the visa overstayers not a problem.

Allan

Allan,

You apparently have not been paying attention. The UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA in November of 2017, cited recent numbers, and among the estimated 11.4 million unlawfully present non-citizens in the U.S., “half of that population is made up of visa overstayers, while the other half is comprised of individuals who have entered the United States without inspection.” __ LINK

Fifth Column, open border activists Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, need to agree to increase ICE’s budget by $150 million to deal with visa overstays, and provide $5 Billion for building a wall to end the following invasion of our Southern Border:

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

why only an extra 150,000,000 for Visa Overstayers and an extra 5,000,000,000 for the wall since they are roughly equal? are they both equal problems? or not?

Allan

Allan,

You apparently have not been paying attention. The UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA in November of 2017, cited recent numbers, and among the estimated 11.4 million unlawfully present non-citizens in the U.S., “half of that population is made up of visa overstayers, while the other half is comprised of individuals who have entered the United States without inspection.” __ LINK

Fifth Column, open border activists Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, need to agree to increase ICE’s budget by $150 million to deal with visa overstays, and provide $5 Billion for building a wall to end the following invasion of our Southern Border:

JWK

Ok. Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, need to agree to increase ICE’s budget by $5 BILLION to deal with visa overstays, and provide $5 Billion for building a wall to end the following invasion of our Southern Border:

Is that better?

JWK

Only 10,000,000,000 bucks added to an already overburden deficit.

whats another 10,000,000,000?

Allan

Exactly. What’s another $10 billion spent when it’s an investment to cut down the devastating social and economic costs of illegal border crossings and visa overstays? I think it’s a wonderful and thoughtful investment.

JWK

And I think the opposite. a southern border wall paid for by american Taxpayers is a waste of money. does that make me a fifth columnist to you because I disagree with you? Opposite opinions is very American. we can agree to disagree without me being a fifth columnist.

Allan

1 Like

Build the wall…

Does your thinking ___ that a wall is a waste of money ___ make you a “fifth columnist”? I have no idea. I guess it would depend on your motives and reasoning, which you never elaborate upon, as to why you believe a wall is a “waste of money”. Your actions may very well indicate that you are guilty of nothing more than irrational thought, or simply suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome

Are you suggesting a wall would not stop the following type of invasion at our border?

Are you suggesting illegal border crossings do not result in devastating social and financial consequences for American Citizens?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! LINK

That would take 218 house members and 60 senators.

are they all lined up to build it?

seems to me they have had two years to hash this out and still. here we are today.

still waiting on the wall.

Allan

It’s not like I’ve been waiting 30 years… like Al Gore…

we are not talking al gore. we are talking about building the wall.

Trump has had two years to negotiate the funding for the wall.

and what does he have to show for it.

he’s still begging for money.

He’s got billions. Let him pay for the wall. He can get the revenue from ads on the wall.

Allan

Well, biggestal99, does the cat have your tongue?

JWK

Well, the sound of crickets is very telling. The inability to defend one’s positions is an indication they may be wrongheaded.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! LINK

So, instead of offering a rebuttal to my posts, you decide to attack me.

Tell me, would a wall stop the following type of invasion?

:roll_eyes:

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

Does Gino know when Mexico is going to pay for the wall?