Fewer and fewer Americans want anything to do with serving in the military

It is the leap to conservatives being murdered.

That is the self victimhood

And it is hilarious.

Only Democrats are allowed to serve in the armed forces, apparently.

2 Likes

Certainly not white cis gender males, they are a threat because they didn’t vote for the most voted for President of all time.

3 Likes

That’s definitely true.

1 Like

That’s not what that means.

I’m ok with this. With a paper military, maybe the dumb asses will think before starting wars.

1 Like

You can’t be serious. They are flirting with nuclear war, that certainly isn’t winnable. Since when has America avoided wars it can’t win? Not in my lifetime.

1 Like

Has anybody seen this?

The Army’s Looking for a Few Good Soldiers—With Neck Tattoos

In this day and age, the Army was excluding people with tattoos?!

I literally don’t know a single gen Zer without extensive tattoo work. Just yesterday I was at the barber shop, and ever single one of those dudes was inked on the neck, behind the ear, etc.

I have to agree. It’s not 1955 anymore and it’s exceedingly more rare to find people without ink than with it these days.

Well we know the Ukrainian military didn’t stoop that low or there would be a lot fewer swastika tats in AP photos.

1 Like

I don’t get it, they are permanent, my taste in art evolves, shudder to think of what I would think of a tattoo I would have thought was a good idea when I was twenty. Would probably have involved beer and boobs. Then laser surgery.

1 Like

You mean the Woke and trans will not rush to serve now that they’re beingaccommodated?

I … I’m shocked. Really.

4 Likes

I know quite a few Zers, and every one of them is covered in tats.

Shoot, I see guys walking around in suit and tie with visible ink.

Agreed.

I had some awesome tats planned back in the day. Thank Dawg I was too broke to get any of 'em. :grimacing:

1 Like

Back in the day some of my friends joined and stayed long enough to get the benefits like a paid for education and guaranteed mortgage. The article mentions the low unemployment rate but does not say anything about the benefits gained by joining up. Are the benefits not worth it anymore?
And another thing that I don’t understand is that we are no longer in a shooting theater which to me would make a military option more attractive.

75% of US youth are ineligible because of obesity, lack of education, and other problems. Closing schools and forced lockdowns mean that the land of the free and the home of the brave has become land of the ignorant and the home of the couch potatoes.

I suspect that talk about sending NATO troops to fight in Ukraine is not helping either.

1 Like

The Navy in particular has become a downright horrible service for lower enlisted. Long, long deployments, horrible billeting, just ■■■■■■■ sucks.

Hell, a bunch of sailors just recently offed themselves, its so ■■■■■■■ bad.

1 Like

Rampant sexual harassment is not helping things either.

Quite a change from when I was young. I had a buddy who figured his lottery number was going to get pulled for Nam (it wasn’t). So he joined the Navy figuring it was his best chance of survival. And back then it was a pretty good service to be in. His only problem is that he did a hooker in Subic Bay, caught the clap and they ran out of penicillin on the ship. Other then that, he had it pretty good.

I have a friend who is a Lawyer. He is also a JAG in the Army Reserve. He recently was sent to Kuwait. When he cam back he told me that all of the cases he was given was for sexual harassment. He said that it was totally different from any previous deployment he had gone through. He was at a loss to explain the explosion in those cases.