FEINSTEIN: ‘Homelessness’ Biggest Problem for California, Secures $35M for ‘Housing Project’

Originally published at: FEINSTEIN: ‘Homelessness’ Biggest Problem for California, Secures $35M for ‘Housing Project’ | Sean Hannity

Senator Dianne Feinstein weighed-in Friday on the ongoing Coronavirus crisis sweeping California; saying the state’s biggest problems are “homelessness and affordable housing.”

“Homelessness and affordable housing remain two of the biggest challenges facing California. We’re seeing the consequences of both problems with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. I’m glad HUD has granted Los Angeles $35 million to help fund a critical housing project,” posted the Senator on social media.

Homelessness and affordable housing remain two of the biggest challenges facing California. We’re seeing the consequences of both problems with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. I’m glad HUD has granted Los Angeles $35 million to help fund a critical housing project. pic.twitter.com/jA0SnuhlmO

— Senator Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) April 23, 2020

Feinstein praised her party’s efforts to influence the CARES Act during the Coronavirus pandemic; touting the inclusion of $75 million for the National Endowment for the Arts.

“The National Endowment for the Arts received $75 million as part of the CARES Act to help nonprofit arts organizations get through these difficult times. Direct grants are available here. The deadline to apply is April 22,” posted the Senator on social media.

The National Endowment for the Arts received $75 million as part of the CARES Act to help nonprofit arts organizations get through these difficult times. Direct grants are available here. The deadline to apply is April 22.https://t.co/MX5863zOnm

— Senator Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) April 16, 2020

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi congratulated Senate Democrats this week for “objecting” to Sen. Mitch McConnell’s $250 billion package to further assist small businesses during the Coronavirus crisis.

“On MSNBC, Nancy Pelosi congratulated Senate Dems on rejecting a $250 billion to shore up small businesses. ‘I congratulate the Senate Democrats, they went to the Floor when Mitch McConnell went in for the $250 billion. And they said they objected,’” posted former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley.