Feeding the homeless is banned

Just stop, you have no idea what you are talking about.

That approach has not worked in America. Why is overdose and fentynal overdoes rising?

1 Like

Reported lifetime use of “all illicit drugs” increased from 7.8% to 12%, lifetime use of cannabis increased from 7.6% to 11.7%, cocaine use more than doubled, from 0.9% to 1.9%, ecstasy nearly doubled from 0.7% to 1.3%, and heroin increased from 0.7% to 1.1%

Wikipedia

1 Like

Oh yes I do.

1 Like

That approach has not been tried in America…

You think you do.

Have a good day.

Look who is saying one does not know what one is talking about. You sound like one of Stumblin Joe the One Horse Dog Face Pony Soldier advisors…

1 Like

Show me where we decriminalized all drugs.

I know I do.

1 Like

The only thing to learn there is that it reduced AIDS.

from 20 Years of Data from Portugal: Drug Decriminalization

But drug deaths? They have not improved. Part of the reason for this is that Portugal has always had low numbers for this, usually less than half of what it is in the rest of Europe. Deaths today are about the same as before the PDPM. Total rate of drug use has also not improved, also because Portugal was always pretty low. It’s actually up a bit, again generally in sync with the rest of Europe.

Oh and also lowered the number of people in jail. But don’t be too giddy about that because they have all sort of other ways to punish drug users besides prison. Community service, loss of government assistance, loss of professional licenses etc.

2 Likes

How many people do you think are in our prisons for only the offense of personal drug use?

2 Likes

Having a criminal record dramatically effects one’s ability to get a decent job. Besides being locked up for just doing or having drugs.

That is a huge benefit. How many black Americans have a criminal record due to possession, and now have a criminal record, and in many instances, can not get a decent, nor can they vote?

And it is no just black Americans, but for some reason, they tend to get harsher punishment than non blacks, for the same offense.

It’s true that police, prosecutors, and judges continue to punish people harshly for nothing more than drug possession. Drug offenses still account for the incarceration of almost half a million people, and nonviolent drug convictions remain a defining feature of the federal prison system. Police still make over 1 million drug possession arrests each year, many of which lead to prison sentences. Drug arrests continue to give residents of over-policed communities criminal records, hurting their employment prospects and increasing the likelihood of longer sentences for any future offenses.

No sorry, non violent drug use says nothing about whether they were dealing and drug possession can also be coupled with other crimes and probation violations. I am looking for the number of people that are in prison solely, exclusively, for personal use.

1 Like

Do you deny black Americans have been treated unfairly for decades, regarding arrests, bail, and sentencing over simple possession charges?

Yes, I do. In any case, if that is happening it’s illegal, go find individual cases of it and prosecute them. In any event, it’s no reason to legalize say, heroin.

1 Like

And they wonder why they don’t have the funds for a single payer

None of that is true.

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you as well.