Federal judge clears the way for West Virginia law restricting transgender athletes

And again, a does of common sense is served.

“The record does make clear that, in passing this law, the legislature intended to prevent transgender girls from playing on girls’ sports teams,” Southern District of West Virginia Judge Joseph R. Goodwin wrote in the ruling. “But acting to prevent transgender girls, along with all other biological males, from playing on girls’ teams is not unconstitutional if the classification is substantially related to an important government interest.”

The important government interest is, of course, protecting the fairness and sanctity of girl’s and women’s sports. It does not unduly harm transgender athletes, as they may play male sports or compete in a transgender category if such exists.

The other important government interest is protecting women and girls from direct contact by a transgender male.

While girls wrestling is rare at the high school level, it does exist and girls should not be compelled to wrestle transgender girls, particularly given the intimate level of contact that exists in wrestling.

The court was 100% correct.

1 Like

I don’t think GLOW would have been as successful if the wrestlers had moustaches

1 Like

I don’t think I agree.

So you would agree with transgender women like Lia Thomas being able to essentially rob natural born women of medals and awards that should rightfully been theirs.

I think a government should be able to act to ensure fairness in sports and that means protecting natural born women from individuals who have an unfair advantage.

Humans are sexually dimorphic. That is an absolute and undisputed fact. It cannot practically be overcome, other than by barring transgender women from women’s sports.

How many transgendered student athletes are there in West Virginia?

Why should the “government be able to ensure fairbess in sports”?

How is that a government function?

???

These are public school sports. Of course it is a government function.

Irrelevant.

Even if just one student is competing unfairly, it is an issue.

Thomas is in college, no?

The case I am referring to in the OP involves a middle schooler in a public school.

I referred to Thomas simply to point out the ■■■■■■■ stupidity of allowing transgender women to participate in women’s sports.

Since government put itself im charge of schools, I suppose there’s no alternative. “Fairness in sports” is ridiculous.

Then we will leave it at “agree to disagree” then. :smile:

1 Like

Un ■■■■■■■ believable that it would to take this long for sanity to begin to rise to the surface.

1 Like

It took an actual court battle for something so stupidly simple as keeping dudes out of female sports. :rofl:

2 Likes

Critical Theory understands very clearly the importance of the judiciary.

And it understands the need for the judiciary to be populated with fellow travelers.

1 Like

I agree with the gov. Of Utah on this subject.

I think at a young age, this is madness. Let kids compete. They identify as women? Let them compete as women.

Transgender kids have a tough life. Let’s not make it tougher. They are all just kids. What’s it matter? Just go play the game.

At a collegiate or professional level, I agree, there should be a way to sort out the issue. Not sure how.

1 Like

The "V"irtuous insanity continues where actual females are being sacrificed so that idiots can look in the mirror and see their invisible “V” on their foreheads. Be proud because your endorsement is negatively effecting thousands and thousands of females for a handful of confused males. Here are kids being banned so that this insanity can prevail. ANYONE who’d stand against these females by endorsing a mentally compromised male who believes he is a female is in my world…borderline evil. It isn’t even close to being fair. If you stand with these transgender athletes and you think it’s fair, then name for me a female who believes they’re a male and have beaten the males to earn gold…or set new records? If it’s FAIR…there should be an equal number on both sides…PERIOD and yet, there isn’t even one…proving my point!

Five West Virginia middle schoolers who protested a transgender athlete’s participation in a track and field competition have been barred from future meets — prompting the state attorney general to ask the US Supreme Court to weigh in on transgender student-athlete bans for a second time.

1 Like

How do you think all those young girls get college sports scholarships? Do they get them by bowing down to a bunch of males and allowing them to take over womans sports in grade school and high school?
What you want to make women’s lives tough again and make them take a back seat to males because they are just not that important? These are just women they need to remember their place is behind males. Because that is what you are supporting.
You will make sure they can kill their baby though. Can’t have those males having to dish out the cash to support a child they don’t want.