Federal Government is taking supplies from states

a number of states have reported their supplies they bought for are being confiscated by the Federal government before they reach them, the government of Maryland has deployed the National Guard to protect supplies from the Federal government.

According to WLRN, 1 million coveted N95 face masks, the gold standard in protecting people who come in contact with the infected and that were destined for Miami-Dade County were “taken” by the federal government. Frank Rollason, Miami-Dade County’s head of emergency management, had another word for it, “hijacked” — “because that’s what happened.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article242254251.html

Gov. Larry Hogan is very protective of his state’s coronavirus tests.

The Republican has deployed the National Guard and state police to keep the federal government from seizing 500,000 COVID-19 tests he acquired from South Korea — and which are now being stored in secret.

“The National Guard and the State Police are both guarding these tests at an undisclosed location,” Hogan said Thursday during a live video interview with the Washington Post.

Good.

He can open MD now.

Plenty of tests.

What do you think of the Federal government raiding state’s coronavirus supplies?

Do you think it is Trump giving the orders to do this raiding?

Nobody wants his tests.

It time to open.

Care to answer the question?

I’m not sure I trust the validity of this story. That isn’t how the National Guard functions, for one thing. They have to answer to the Federal Government just like every other branch of the military. If the Feds were truly confiscating these tests under Federal authority, there wouldn’t be anything these people could do legally. Doesn’t pass the sniff test for me, sorry.

They haven’t taken the test from MD.
They took over million mask destine for FL.

a number of other states have had their supplies taken as well.

You should have read the original article your op-ed was derived from.

Kind of a key bit of information there, don’t you think?

As for the complaints, FEMA has been outbidding the States. They shouldn’t be bidding against each other anyway, but that’s what we get with the current “leadership.”

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they answer to the governor unless they are federalized.

I’m pretty sure they’re not allowed to violate Federal law in doing so.

" Gov. Larry Hogan is very protective of his state’s coronavirus tests.

The Republican has deployed the National Guard and state police to keep the federal government from seizing 500,000 COVID-19 tests he acquired from South Korea — and which are now being stored in secret.

“The National Guard and the State Police are both guarding these tests at an undisclosed location,” Hogan said Thursday during a live video interview with the Washington Post.

There had been reports of, for example in Massachusetts, “Gov. Charlie Baker told the story* of his planeload … with masks was basically confiscated by the federal government,” Hogan added.”

I’ve seen dogs be very protective of food no one around them has any intention of taking from them. Reports and stories. Dems seem very easily panicked by scary stories at the moment.