Favorite Music at Christmas Time

Admittedly am something of a bah humbug when it comes to Christmas :christmas_tree: shopping and radio stations playing Christmas music all day. But there are a few songs that are a joy to hear.

“Handel’s Messiah” is beautiful. Also IMO is one by the Trans Siberian Orchestra whose title escapes me.

What music do you guys like this time of year?

This year I’m in line with your bah humbug-ism. I’m listening to anything NOT Christmas. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll listen to most of it.

But I change the station or hit NEXT if any version of “Last Christmas” comes on. Ditto for “Do they know it’s Christmas”, McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime”, Lennon’s “Happy Christmas”, Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is You”, and probably a couple of others.

I guess I’m more of a traditionalist and don’t have tolerance for the more contemporary stuff.

Oh, and Springsteen’s “Santa Clause is Coming to Town.” Barf.

1 Like

I tend to avoid stores this time of year. Part of the reason is I can’t ******* stand most Christmas music.

A few songs in their classical rendition I can deal with. But I dislike most contemporary music and contemporary covers of classical music.

I’m Jewish and I’ve never really celebrated Christmas in my life.

But I absolutely adore the instrumental version of Christmas Time is Here.

I also love Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Christmas Eve/Sarajevo.

Some of those I don’t know.

But I’m with you on Springsteen with Santa Claus is coming to town.

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

I used to chat on Ebay, they had active community boards before everything changed. Anywho this lovely lady there owned a record shop and burned CDs for everyone in our group in 2005. It was awesome :slight_smile: All old songs with that ‘it’s playing on a record player’ sound. Twenty-two songs. I pull the same CD out every year. Man with the Bag, Santa Baby, Go Tell it on the Mountain, Pretty Paper, and many more. It was one of the best gifts ever received and it basically came from the internet!

We have a radio going 24/7 and the station plays only Christmas music for the month of December. There are songs I don’t like - I just ignore those.

Shopping is an entirely different issue - online exclusively. But unrelated to the music :wink:

Anything but Santa Baby.

Any artist that was on the Motown label back in the 60’s and 70’s
Silent Night by the Temptations is the GOAT

My favorite of all time - Burl Ives, Holly Jolly Christmas.

Careful with that.

Next thing you know we’ll be hearing about a “War on Christmas Music.”

Carol of the bells featuring Dwight Schrute.

LOLOLOL that was funny!!

I’m going to watch the Kasey Musgraves Christmas special on Amazon Prime. Has anyone seen that yet?