Eye-opening poll shows 59% of Democrats

Thank God you don’t design consumer products.

Um … Looks like you’re saying, “We’re not as bad as China, so there’s no need to speak up about the sprouts of tyranny here.”

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nope maintain the telecom network.

Allan

Your premise is flawed. Wearing a mask is not tyranny, sprout or otherwise

Mandating a mask is.

3 Likes

Be nice.

Ridiculous

Forcing people to wear one if they want service/mandating is certainly tyrannical.

4 Likes

I addressed mandates. Not “wearing.” You dishonestly moved the goalpost.

4 Likes

You don’t decide for anybody but yourself. Mandates by definition are authoritarian. Whether or not it is tyranny for me is up to me.

5 Likes

Um…you just quoted Rasmussen praising itself (did you happen to see the little numbers at the end of that paragraph? Those link to the reference articles).

You need to read on…

The group said there could be a need to update the existing vaccines to better target emerging COVID variants, like Omicron which has spread rapidly and has been detected in 149 countries so far.

And it called for the development of new jabs that not only protect people who contract COVID against falling seriously ill but also better prevent people from catching the virus in the first place.

Ridiculous²

I understand.

Government mandates are authoritarian by definition, but private businesses should be able to decide for themselves what to require of their employees. That’s why DeSantis’s mandate blocking private mandates is also authoritarian.

The second article in particular saddens me, treating the average Chinese like prisoners over a virus that has killed <2% of those afflicted.

I wonder if some realize how not reliable so called rapid testing is:

The whole lock it down mindset still persists among some on the liberal end.

I couldn’t even say which of my neighbors did or didn’t get vaccinated because it isn’t my business. We’re the sort out here if it doesn’t keep us from putting food on the table or bring the house down, no one really cares what their neighbors do.

Contrast that to a text I got last month before I sent our teenager to visit her grandparents. “Can you believe the “Smith and Jones families” on the street still aren’t vaccinated? Omicron is surging through here. Can you get M a rapid test before sending her here?”

In acting like gatekeeper to our parents, he’s very condescending in assuming they can’t act on their own behalf. He fancies himself entitled to an opinion about what an aunt NEAR 90 shouldn’t do.

?!?!?! She and her husband have been together through thick and thin for over 60 years, and a pissant like this wants a say in whether they fly north to visit their own kids & grandkids?!?!?!

Let’s just say he didn’t take my no answer to the rapid test well. Did he intend to pay for it as physicians generally won’t sign a request and insurance won’t pay for it on kids without symptoms?

■■■■ that block patrol in others’ business ■■■■■ Someone wants to live like a hermit and go nowhere and do nothing with their own lives, go for it. But don’t force that on others who aren’t openly sick & are simply trying to put food on their tables & make it through another day.

This lock it down and force compliance mindset may be the undoing politically of some who lean more than center left.

1 Like

Counter-authoritarian. The only way to beat an authoritarian is to be raci…authoritarian.

Repressive tolerance. :rofl:

Again it’s not private business that’s deciding…government is deciding for em or else.

Nice try…not very liberal IMHO.

3 Likes

So in libs mind…to stop authoritarianism is authoritarianism in itself? Is that what he’s saying?

3 Likes